Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The process is recruiter calls you in and you chat and get the benefits talk , wow , that fast , even before you actually get interviewed!

Then you get someone to call you asking you basic questions about terms related to processes like agile. It lasts an hour. So you are having a great talk with a senior person, you do well here then you get in person interview.

Next, the in person interview is with a true decision maker who asks you true situation questions and general conversation. This person and the person you talked to are trying to sell you to join, so you buy in the hype! Oh and you take this assessment of Microsoft, you serious?!

Then it's with the branch director / president , this is where it was a complete waste of my time. The director was not interested from minute one and you could tell, this person was bias on people from the consulting industry. So I could tell I wasn't going to get the job, my question here is why even reach out to me knowing I don't have a consulting background?!

Leave this place alone !

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got contacted through Linkedin by Esther. They were interested in my background and had a 30 minute interview with her. They decided to move me on to the next phase which was a 30 minutes interview with 2 of their country consultants.
    I had a feeling the interview was not going well, and felt like I was being tested in terms and methodologies rather than in my background and experience.
    The one thing I thought very considerate was that Esther kept me informed me all the way through and called me at the end to let me know that they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a user story and a story card   Answer Question

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was long, but went at sort of a steady pace. I made it past the initial interviews including the technical interview. After my interview with the Managing Director, I was told that they would not be presenting me with an offer. They didn't even tell me why. It would have been nice to have some reason considering I made it so far in the process.

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

1st contact HR phone interview, 2nd HR face-to-face to review resume chronology and ensure correct skills, 3rd with technical lead for in depth quiz on Business Analyst expertise, 4th with Hiring Manager for interpersonal and culture fit. They seemed disorganized and able to make a decision. I had substantial expert skills in more than one line of their business model lines and they had a hard time figuring out where I fit. They requested a 5th interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were facilitating a JAD session and a key stakeholder/project sponsor was venting and very upset with some issue unrelated with the agenda, how would you deal with this key person?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

1) 30 min. F2F w/ HR. 2) 60 min. very technical BA phone screen. 3) 30 min F2F Vizio simulation + 30 min F2F w/ VP.

1) F2F with HR
    Generic stuff, no issues.

2) Phone screen
    VERY technical/academic BA stuff. 60 min non-stop. Somehow I got through it.

3) F2F Vizio Simulation. Here's where it started to get silly.
    This was a 30 min "live fire" Vizio exercise where the moderator (same guy that did the tech. phone screen) designs a flowchart on the fly (verbally) and you are expected to replicate in Vizio. It was non-stop rapid fire...put a process here, a decision box there, now connect the two, etc etc. The Vizio skill level needed for this exercise was very low. What they were testing instead was my ability to follow instructions and concentrate/maintain focus/not crack up for 30 min. About halfway through I asked if we could stop for a few seconds so I could take a quick sip of water. I was chided that in the real world there would be no time for this. Ridiculous. This may have sunk me but other than that I nailed the Vizio portion.

4) F2F with VP.
    Strange guy, personality of a mortician, asked me for 60 sec highlights of every single position listed on my resume. I guess actually reading it was too hard for him or maybe he wanted to just see if I could speak in complete sentences. No idea how I did here, except I didn't make any huge mistakes.

Interview Questions

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

May 8, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you had such a negative experience. Based on your comments, we will continue to work to improve our process.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

I initially received an E-Mail from their recruiter, requesting a visit in their Alpharetta office. I came by, and she described the company structure and the job details. The benefits package was poor - no stock options, no 401k match, growth within the company seems to hit a glass ceiling very hard once you reach a certain point. It's basically a technical staffing firm - no real company culture, just a bunch of bodies to place into projects - like an Accenture or PWC, but without the name recognition.

The recruiter decides to schedule a phone interview at 8AM - quite an inconvenient time to hold a phone screen while you're currently employed. The phone interviewer is a technical resource who just basically asks what technologies I've worked with. No real assessment of my skills was performed. This lasted about 30 minutes, and he seemed a little bit rushed.

I heard nothing from this company for about a month afterward. By the time I heard from them again, I had taken a much better offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What kind of J2EE Frameworks (Spring, EJB, etc.) have I worked with.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted and asked to schedule a 15-30 minute phone interview with the Recruiter. The phone interview consisted of the typical screening questions about past experience, why I'm looking for a new job, etc. The recruiter 'sold' the company very well and wanted to schedule something quickly. Be aware, this company moves quickly and is looking for people who can on-board within 2 weeks of an offer.
    The 1:1 interview at the office consisted of the recruiter providing an overview of the company, the career path and benefits. I was asked to provide some detail on my background and how I would fit into the company.
    I was then introduced to a Sr. Consultant, and was grilled on my technical and Project Management experience. This company is very heavy into software development, if you don't have a strong background in those processes, don't bother. They are looking for PM's that they can get into their clients sites with very little ramp up.
    I was pleased that they were very upfront with their needs and didn't string me along. The interview was well managed and very cordial. I felt like a guest in their offices and was highly impressed with the company and the people.
    This is a company that was high on my list of potential employers.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would determine the project requirements for a process development project.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Ultimately, I was HIGHLY impressed with this organization--they're at the top of my list of companies I'd like to work for. I got the interview by asking one of my LinkedIn connections (who was connected to someone who worked there) if he would introduce me. He did. I chatted with the employee about the company's culture, and the employee forwarded my info to the recruiter. Recruiter setup an initial phone interview to screen for cultural fit, which is obviously very important there. Next interview was a "technical" interview to ensure I had the on-the-job skill to perform well. It was a bit of a stretch for me, and they picked up on it and it didn't go further.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with Risk Management on a project - your understanding of it along with some specific examples of how you managed and resolved project risks.   Answer Question