Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

2 hour on site interview. First hour was technical, and was fairly standard. The second hour was a "Personality" interview, and was intensely unnerving. The interviewer was stiff, unfriendly and unresponsive. He sat there and stared fir a minute after I had answered his question. He really creeped me out.

The technical interviewer insisted they don't do staff augmentation, the second interviewer asked about staff augmentation almost exclusively. The whole thing was terribly disjointed.

On top of all that, the recruiter (who is internal to Daugherty) submitted me at a much higher rate than I was asking for. That struck me as very weird.

I was not extended an offer and was not given any feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you were onsite at a client and noticed something that could be improved or that Daugherty could provide better service for?   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We apologize that you had a negative experience. Your feedback is very important and will help us to improve our interview process moving forward.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing in their St. Louis office for a position in Atlanta, GA. I have told that the will be a 3 step process. First I had a f2f interview with their HR representative. it was all about my background and the technologies I have worked on and the next day I met with a Senior(Lead) Engineer and had deep technical interview. I have tried to answer all the questions he asked me. Mostly he focused on Restful API. Everything was so good. After I finished with him, he told me to wait for the HR representative. Then she came in and told me that i did great on the interview and told me that they will pay me 10k less than the salary I initially asked and she will going to set up the 3rd interview with the management in Atlanta if I am fine with the offer. I didn't accept it right away. I told her that I need some time to think about it and left their office. The next day I let her know my agreement via email. She replied me and told me that she will set up Skype meeting and never heard back. After couple of days I reached her via phone and she told me that she is waiting a reply from their Atlanta office and will let me know once she got confirmed. I waited for a week and sent her email but I haven't got get any reply since then.

Interview Questions

• Explain how Restful API works and how you have implemented in your project?   Answer Question

Dec 7, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

I’m sorry that you feel the interview experience was less than stellar. At Daugherty, we value clear and open communication during the interview process, as well as during your time with Team... More

Principal Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

Timely and methodical with several rounds although the recruiter disappeared and did not have the courtesy to respond to any calls or emails. Unfortunately I lost this firm's credibility after going thru the process. Hope they will learn and improve.

Sales/Delivery Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

The overall experience was the most unprofessional experience of my long career. I was contacted through a 3rd party recruiter and the role (a leadership role in the local branch) seemed interesting. First there was a preliminary phone interview - easy enough. This was followed by an in-person interview which was also rather easy and pleasant. The recruiter indicated she would call me in a day to set up the next interview. This is where the process went off the rails. No call was ever forthcoming. I waited a week before calling/emailing asking about status. No response. This went on weekly for the next several weeks. I even suggested that if they were not interested, please just say so. No response. Obviously I just gave up and moved on. Then three months later they contacted me again and asked if I would be interested in a different position. I cautiously said yes and they indicated they would call me the next day. No call. I went through the same cycle of calls/emails with no response, including another request to simply tell me if they were not interested. No response. Given that I never initiated contact with them for either position one would think they would have the minimum courtesy to at least follow through just once. If this is how they treat potential employees, one can only imagine how they treat people once they go to work for them.

Interview Questions

• What is the one role you have not had that you would like?   Answer Question

Aug 1, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear you had this experience. Our candidate’s experiences are very important to us, and we are continually working to improve our... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

I wasn't looking, but they contacted me through LinkedIn.

Technical interview was normal. I was pretty rusty since I wasn't looking and hadn't done any web development in a while. When I got a chance to ask questions, he kept looking at his watch and then cut my questions short. Very disappointing.

But then the HR guy inverviewed me. He was pretty rushed and started grilling me about whether I would accept an offer. I tried to say "we'll see, if there is an offer". He would not let up.

He asked me if I had any concerns. The first one had to do with how consultants with in clients' offices. He basically said "that's not a concern. Next?"

So, since he was pressing me, I told him I was not so thrilled about the fact that there were only 25 total days off, which included all holidays and vacation/sick days. He got very angry and defensive.

"how many do you have now?"
    -32, if you include all the national holidays and sick days
    "Wow, that's unusually high."
    -Not really.
    "Where else has more than us?"
    -Everywhere I've worked, everywhere my wife has worked, most people I've talked to...
    "are you seriously planning to take that many days off next year??"

I just about walked out right then and there. Clearly zero concern for any kind of work/life balance.

And to top it off, their "dev center" was a tiny cramped room with cheap desks all jammed together, with no room at all for the devs. "open and collaborative," they called it.

I may not have gotten an offer anyway, but I went ahead and told them I wasn't interested.

May 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We apologize that you feel that the interview process was such a negative experience. Our primary objective is to find the right fit for you and the right fit for Team Daugherty. Our Dev Center has... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The process is recruiter calls you in and you chat and get the benefits talk , wow , that fast , even before you actually get interviewed!

Then you get someone to call you asking you basic questions about terms related to processes like agile. It lasts an hour. So you are having a great talk with a senior person, you do well here then you get in person interview.

Next, the in person interview is with a true decision maker who asks you true situation questions and general conversation. This person and the person you talked to are trying to sell you to join, so you buy in the hype! Oh and you take this assessment of Microsoft, you serious?!

Then it's with the branch director / president , this is where it was a complete waste of my time. The director was not interested from minute one and you could tell, this person was bias on people from the consulting industry. So I could tell I wasn't going to get the job, my question here is why even reach out to me knowing I don't have a consulting background?!

Leave this place alone !

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got contacted through Linkedin by Esther. They were interested in my background and had a 30 minute interview with her. They decided to move me on to the next phase which was a 30 minutes interview with 2 of their country consultants.
    I had a feeling the interview was not going well, and felt like I was being tested in terms and methodologies rather than in my background and experience.
    The one thing I thought very considerate was that Esther kept me informed me all the way through and called me at the end to let me know that they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a user story and a story card   Answer Question

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was long, but went at sort of a steady pace. I made it past the initial interviews including the technical interview. After my interview with the Managing Director, I was told that they would not be presenting me with an offer. They didn't even tell me why. It would have been nice to have some reason considering I made it so far in the process.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews with HR, some delays for about 6 months as they were rearranging offices and demand had slowed. Then face to face interview in their offices, most remotes are in Executive suites. Interview was with HR Director and Staff, both of which are professional and courteous. Also good to note that they are business casual.

Interview Questions

• Not many Questions in the face to face. It was mostly probing for more candidates and connections as well as selling me on the company. If you have done systems or business consulting, you should be able to answer most of the questions. At the end of the interview I could tell that they weren't getting what they wanted so I just straight up ask them what they were really looking for in a candidate. I was specifically told in these words "someone exactly like you but we need younger , less experienced, and preferably female".   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

3 rounds - 1st with HR, 2nd is technical, 3rd with the Atlanta branch MD.
    HR tells you about their model and then asks you to walk through your resume. The technical interview had a lot of in-depth questions about the job to ensure I knew the work. The MD didn't ask much at all. I think by that point it's clear that you know the work, but the MD wants to see/like you.
    If you don't follow up with HR, you don't hear back, so the process was long because I would wait a couple of weeks and then follow up before they'd set up my next interview. After the third interview I still never heard back, but by then I had accepted another job.