Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

I wasn't looking, but they contacted me through LinkedIn.

Technical interview was normal. I was pretty rusty since I wasn't looking and hadn't done any web development in a while. When I got a chance to ask questions, he kept looking at his watch and then cut my questions short. Very disappointing.

But then the HR guy inverviewed me. He was pretty rushed and started grilling me about whether I would accept an offer. I tried to say "we'll see, if there is an offer". He would not let up.

He asked me if I had any concerns. The first one had to do with how consultants with in clients' offices. He basically said "that's not a concern. Next?"

So, since he was pressing me, I told him I was not so thrilled about the fact that there were only 25 total days off, which included all holidays and vacation/sick days. He got very angry and defensive.

"how many do you have now?"
    -32, if you include all the national holidays and sick days
    "Wow, that's unusually high."
    -Not really.
    "Where else has more than us?"
    -Everywhere I've worked, everywhere my wife has worked, most people I've talked to...
    "are you seriously planning to take that many days off next year??"

I just about walked out right then and there. Clearly zero concern for any kind of work/life balance.

And to top it off, their "dev center" was a tiny cramped room with cheap desks all jammed together, with no room at all for the devs. "open and collaborative," they called it.

I may not have gotten an offer anyway, but I went ahead and told them I wasn't interested.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

May 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We apologize that you feel that the interview process was such a negative experience. Our primary objective is to find the right fit for you and the right fit for Team Daugherty. Our Dev Center has ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The process is recruiter calls you in and you chat and get the benefits talk , wow , that fast , even before you actually get interviewed!

Then you get someone to call you asking you basic questions about terms related to processes like agile. It lasts an hour. So you are having a great talk with a senior person, you do well here then you get in person interview.

Next, the in person interview is with a true decision maker who asks you true situation questions and general conversation. This person and the person you talked to are trying to sell you to join, so you buy in the hype! Oh and you take this assessment of Microsoft, you serious?!

Then it's with the branch director / president , this is where it was a complete waste of my time. The director was not interested from minute one and you could tell, this person was bias on people from the consulting industry. So I could tell I wasn't going to get the job, my question here is why even reach out to me knowing I don't have a consulting background?!

Leave this place alone !

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got contacted through Linkedin by Esther. They were interested in my background and had a 30 minute interview with her. They decided to move me on to the next phase which was a 30 minutes interview with 2 of their country consultants.
    I had a feeling the interview was not going well, and felt like I was being tested in terms and methodologies rather than in my background and experience.
    The one thing I thought very considerate was that Esther kept me informed me all the way through and called me at the end to let me know that they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a user story and a story card   Answer Question

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was long, but went at sort of a steady pace. I made it past the initial interviews including the technical interview. After my interview with the Managing Director, I was told that they would not be presenting me with an offer. They didn't even tell me why. It would have been nice to have some reason considering I made it so far in the process.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews with HR, some delays for about 6 months as they were rearranging offices and demand had slowed. Then face to face interview in their offices, most remotes are in Executive suites. Interview was with HR Director and Staff, both of which are professional and courteous. Also good to note that they are business casual.

Interview Questions

• Not many Questions in the face to face. It was mostly probing for more candidates and connections as well as selling me on the company. If you have done systems or business consulting, you should be able to answer most of the questions. At the end of the interview I could tell that they weren't getting what they wanted so I just straight up ask them what they were really looking for in a candidate. I was specifically told in these words "someone exactly like you but we need younger , less experienced, and preferably female".   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

3 rounds - 1st with HR, 2nd is technical, 3rd with the Atlanta branch MD.
    HR tells you about their model and then asks you to walk through your resume. The technical interview had a lot of in-depth questions about the job to ensure I knew the work. The MD didn't ask much at all. I think by that point it's clear that you know the work, but the MD wants to see/like you.
    If you don't follow up with HR, you don't hear back, so the process was long because I would wait a couple of weeks and then follow up before they'd set up my next interview. After the third interview I still never heard back, but by then I had accepted another job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One phone and in person interview with recruiter. One technical interview over phone. One face to face with director and another with owner. 4 interviews total over the course of 3 weeks. Complete waste of time. They have no interest in building a team or have active projects. They are window shopping and trying to get a feel of the Dallas job market while building a new office.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. "Technical interview" wasn't even technical. They just walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Consultant (Project Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Talked to one of their recruiters for about 35 via telephone. It seemed to be a good match but this was my first time considering a consultant position rather than FTE. Recruiter in Minneapolis office seemed to be interested in my apps development and deployment background. I interviewed in person a week later after reading a lot about them on this site. Daugherty recruiter said they have clients all across the metro but couldn't list any downtown Minneapolis. I was worried about getting stuck at Express Scripts or UHG as staff Augment and decided not to pursue a job with Daugherty.

Interview Questions

• None. This was just an opportunity to see if I would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions in July 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a talent recruiter who found my profile via linkedin. I then had a hour call with one of the hiring managers. I thought the call went pretty well given most of the questions were general PMP and Agile stuff I had done in my previous projects. He then informed me I would hear back from them within the week. I am yet to hear back

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

1st contact HR phone interview, 2nd HR face-to-face to review resume chronology and ensure correct skills, 3rd with technical lead for in depth quiz on Business Analyst expertise, 4th with Hiring Manager for interpersonal and culture fit. They seemed disorganized and able to make a decision. I had substantial expert skills in more than one line of their business model lines and they had a hard time figuring out where I fit. They requested a 5th interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were facilitating a JAD session and a key stakeholder/project sponsor was venting and very upset with some issue unrelated with the agenda, how would you deal with this key person?   1 Answer