Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Never have I encountered such an arrogant interviewer in this guy. He was condescending and came across like I was lucky to have the opportunity to talk with him. I held up in spite of his unprofessional attitude and answered his questions. This was a screener, not the owner and after reviewing his LinkedIn profile, he had this smug look on his face that screamed brown-noser as I cannot imagine he was any good at his job.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you have the background to work with us?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview for a consultant role went on for 3 days. First a hr round followed by a technical round .Had a day gap in between the two rounds

Interview Questions

• I'm a core java developer.
      Was asked one question on every topic in java.
      Right from the very base abstract class to spring modules and AOP
      What is transaction isolation module
      What are limitations of generics on arrays   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

2 hour on site interview. First hour was technical, and was fairly standard. The second hour was a "Personality" interview, and was intensely unnerving. The interviewer was stiff, unfriendly and unresponsive. He sat there and stared fir a minute after I had answered his question. He really creeped me out.

The technical interviewer insisted they don't do staff augmentation, the second interviewer asked about staff augmentation almost exclusively. The whole thing was terribly disjointed.

On top of all that, the recruiter (who is internal to Daugherty) submitted me at a much higher rate than I was asking for. That struck me as very weird.

I was not extended an offer and was not given any feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you were onsite at a client and noticed something that could be improved or that Daugherty could provide better service for?   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We apologize that you had a negative experience. Your feedback is very important and will help us to improve our interview process moving forward.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing in their St. Louis office for a position in Atlanta, GA. I have told that the will be a 3 step process. First I had a f2f interview with their HR representative. it was all about my background and the technologies I have worked on and the next day I met with a Senior(Lead) Engineer and had deep technical interview. I have tried to answer all the questions he asked me. Mostly he focused on Restful API. Everything was so good. After I finished with him, he told me to wait for the HR representative. Then she came in and told me that i did great on the interview and told me that they will pay me 10k less than the salary I initially asked and she will going to set up the 3rd interview with the management in Atlanta if I am fine with the offer. I didn't accept it right away. I told her that I need some time to think about it and left their office. The next day I let her know my agreement via email. She replied me and told me that she will set up Skype meeting and never heard back. After couple of days I reached her via phone and she told me that she is waiting a reply from their Atlanta office and will let me know once she got confirmed. I waited for a week and sent her email but I haven't got get any reply since then.

Interview Questions

• Explain how Restful API works and how you have implemented in your project?   Answer Question

Dec 7, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

I’m sorry that you feel the interview experience was less than stellar. At Daugherty, we value clear and open communication during the interview process, as well as during your time with Team... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process took several weeks. I had five interviews at their office so I had to drive down four different times. A bit overkill especially for people who already have a full-time job. Esther kept me well informed throughout the entire process so that was super helpful. Initial interview was to gage interest and give information about the position. Second interview was technical, they asked basic programming questions and did some white boarding. Third, fourth, and fifth interview was less technical and more getting a feel for your personality. All interviews are with different people so they really make sure you will fit in with what they are looking for. They are looking for candidates eager to learn and are coachable and teachable.

Interview Questions

• Explain Polymorphism. Can you add elements to an array declared final? Explain inner/outer joins.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

Timely and methodical with several rounds although the recruiter disappeared and did not have the courtesy to respond to any calls or emails. Unfortunately I lost this firm's credibility after going thru the process. Hope they will learn and improve.

Sales/Delivery Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

The overall experience was the most unprofessional experience of my long career. I was contacted through a 3rd party recruiter and the role (a leadership role in the local branch) seemed interesting. First there was a preliminary phone interview - easy enough. This was followed by an in-person interview which was also rather easy and pleasant. The recruiter indicated she would call me in a day to set up the next interview. This is where the process went off the rails. No call was ever forthcoming. I waited a week before calling/emailing asking about status. No response. This went on weekly for the next several weeks. I even suggested that if they were not interested, please just say so. No response. Obviously I just gave up and moved on. Then three months later they contacted me again and asked if I would be interested in a different position. I cautiously said yes and they indicated they would call me the next day. No call. I went through the same cycle of calls/emails with no response, including another request to simply tell me if they were not interested. No response. Given that I never initiated contact with them for either position one would think they would have the minimum courtesy to at least follow through just once. If this is how they treat potential employees, one can only imagine how they treat people once they go to work for them.

Interview Questions

• What is the one role you have not had that you would like?   Answer Question

Aug 1, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear you had this experience. Our candidate’s experiences are very important to us, and we are continually working to improve our... More

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First did a phone screening with the HR person. Then, my first onsite interview I met with said HR person for 30 min, then had the technical interview which was 60 minutes. If I make it onto the next rounds of interviews it will be an interview with the workstream lead, then with the MN practice director.

Interview Questions

• What is the DB Explain Plan?   1 Answer
    • Reviewed my resume to explain my experience with data modeling, database design, and other technical related things.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

I wasn't looking, but they contacted me through LinkedIn.

Technical interview was normal. I was pretty rusty since I wasn't looking and hadn't done any web development in a while. When I got a chance to ask questions, he kept looking at his watch and then cut my questions short. Very disappointing.

But then the HR guy inverviewed me. He was pretty rushed and started grilling me about whether I would accept an offer. I tried to say "we'll see, if there is an offer". He would not let up.

He asked me if I had any concerns. The first one had to do with how consultants with in clients' offices. He basically said "that's not a concern. Next?"

So, since he was pressing me, I told him I was not so thrilled about the fact that there were only 25 total days off, which included all holidays and vacation/sick days. He got very angry and defensive.

"how many do you have now?"
    -32, if you include all the national holidays and sick days
    "Wow, that's unusually high."
    -Not really.
    "Where else has more than us?"
    -Everywhere I've worked, everywhere my wife has worked, most people I've talked to...
    "are you seriously planning to take that many days off next year??"

I just about walked out right then and there. Clearly zero concern for any kind of work/life balance.

And to top it off, their "dev center" was a tiny cramped room with cheap desks all jammed together, with no room at all for the devs. "open and collaborative," they called it.

I may not have gotten an offer anyway, but I went ahead and told them I wasn't interested.

May 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We apologize that you feel that the interview process was such a negative experience. Our primary objective is to find the right fit for you and the right fit for Team Daugherty. Our Dev Center has... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The process is recruiter calls you in and you chat and get the benefits talk , wow , that fast , even before you actually get interviewed!

Then you get someone to call you asking you basic questions about terms related to processes like agile. It lasts an hour. So you are having a great talk with a senior person, you do well here then you get in person interview.

Next, the in person interview is with a true decision maker who asks you true situation questions and general conversation. This person and the person you talked to are trying to sell you to join, so you buy in the hype! Oh and you take this assessment of Microsoft, you serious?!

Then it's with the branch director / president , this is where it was a complete waste of my time. The director was not interested from minute one and you could tell, this person was bias on people from the consulting industry. So I could tell I wasn't going to get the job, my question here is why even reach out to me knowing I don't have a consulting background?!

Leave this place alone !