Daugherty Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First did a phone screening with the HR person. Then, my first onsite interview I met with said HR person for 30 min, then had the technical interview which was 60 minutes. If I make it onto the next rounds of interviews it will be an interview with the workstream lead, then with the MN practice director.

Interview Questions

• What is the DB Explain Plan?   1 Answer
    • Reviewed my resume to explain my experience with data modeling, database design, and other technical related things.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions.

Interview

I wasn't looking, but they contacted me through LinkedIn.

Technical interview was normal. I was pretty rusty since I wasn't looking and hadn't done any web development in a while. When I got a chance to ask questions, he kept looking at his watch and then cut my questions short. Very disappointing.

But then the HR guy inverviewed me. He was pretty rushed and started grilling me about whether I would accept an offer. I tried to say "we'll see, if there is an offer". He would not let up.

He asked me if I had any concerns. The first one had to do with how consultants with in clients' offices. He basically said "that's not a concern. Next?"

So, since he was pressing me, I told him I was not so thrilled about the fact that there were only 25 total days off, which included all holidays and vacation/sick days. He got very angry and defensive.

"how many do you have now?"
    -32, if you include all the national holidays and sick days
    "Wow, that's unusually high."
    -Not really.
    "Where else has more than us?"
    -Everywhere I've worked, everywhere my wife has worked, most people I've talked to...
    "are you seriously planning to take that many days off next year??"

I just about walked out right then and there. Clearly zero concern for any kind of work/life balance.

And to top it off, their "dev center" was a tiny cramped room with cheap desks all jammed together, with no room at all for the devs. "open and collaborative," they called it.

I may not have gotten an offer anyway, but I went ahead and told them I wasn't interested.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

May 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We apologize that you feel that the interview process was such a negative experience. Our primary objective is to find the right fit for you and the right fit for Team Daugherty. Our Dev Center has ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The process is recruiter calls you in and you chat and get the benefits talk , wow , that fast , even before you actually get interviewed!

Then you get someone to call you asking you basic questions about terms related to processes like agile. It lasts an hour. So you are having a great talk with a senior person, you do well here then you get in person interview.

Next, the in person interview is with a true decision maker who asks you true situation questions and general conversation. This person and the person you talked to are trying to sell you to join, so you buy in the hype! Oh and you take this assessment of Microsoft, you serious?!

Then it's with the branch director / president , this is where it was a complete waste of my time. The director was not interested from minute one and you could tell, this person was bias on people from the consulting industry. So I could tell I wasn't going to get the job, my question here is why even reach out to me knowing I don't have a consulting background?!

Leave this place alone !

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and efficient . They were flexible and very engaging! This is a 2 or three step process where you go through a basic phone interview, and then several in person sessions to meet with various leaders . The recruiters checked in often and made sure I was comfortable. They also did a nice job prepping me for the more in depth portion of the interview session. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions, examples of projects lead in the past   1 Answer

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

May 12, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

We are so happy to have you join the team - welcome aboard!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got contacted through Linkedin by Esther. They were interested in my background and had a 30 minute interview with her. They decided to move me on to the next phase which was a 30 minutes interview with 2 of their country consultants.
    I had a feeling the interview was not going well, and felt like I was being tested in terms and methodologies rather than in my background and experience.
    The one thing I thought very considerate was that Esther kept me informed me all the way through and called me at the end to let me know that they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a user story and a story card   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Three step process HR, Technical and Managerial round. First round is basically with HR to get to know about your qualification and expectations. Second round very basic technical questions and few problem solving questions .You get to learn more about the firm during the interview process. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and professional.Overall good experience.

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was long, but went at sort of a steady pace. I made it past the initial interviews including the technical interview. After my interview with the Managing Director, I was told that they would not be presenting me with an offer. They didn't even tell me why. It would have been nice to have some reason considering I made it so far in the process.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

there are 5 rounds for interview
    1) phone Interview with recruiter
    2) face to face interview with recruiter
    3) technical interview
    4) interview with LOS lead
    5) Interview with director

once getting through all the rounds will have drug test and back ground check.
    International work experience/ college will take some more time to get verified

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was intensive consisting of 4 parts. Part 1. Phone interview with recruiter. 2. Face to face interview with recruiter. 3. Full technical panel interviewer. 4. Final interview.

Senior Manager Or Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daugherty Business Solutions (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, then in-person interview with recruiter, followed by technical interview (phone) and final interview and offer / negotiation with branch leader. Rejected first offer b/c I was low-balled on both position and salary. They pursued me for weeks until I accepted a second offer - still low-balled on both, which killed my motivation early on, but I made the mistake of accepting anyway.

Interview Questions

• Standard industry project management questions. Not tough at all for those with any significant experience.   Answer Question