Dave & Buster's Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dave & Buster's Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Springfield, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview with Meagen. I was very excited about the position. She was average at the beginning but progressively became more and more unprofessional. 2nd interview (weeks later) was another phone interview with one of the General Managers. She said the next phase would be next week which turned into an email party for about 3-4 weeks. The dates given were never on time. Plenty apologies. I finally went on a "day in the life" which wasn't very useful. If part of the day in the life is to observe how someone works than I strongly suggest you schedule a 2 part day in the life. 1st part, tour the entire facility top to bottom side to side. Shadow someone and listen. 2nd part should be running an actual shift when its busy. If the day in the life is part of determining if someone will be hired or not, than put more thought into the hiring process. Also, change your settings on your iPhone if you're not going to extend common courtesy and reply to someone. She clearly read several of my text during the interview process but chose not to respond for weeks. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why Dave and Busters? How to handle unhappy guest/complaints? How many hours do I usually work? Salary?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dave & Buster's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Clackamas, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online received an email within a few days to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview went good and once I had filled out the assessment test online, I received another email with a day and time to meet in store with the store manager. The manager seemed nice, informative and I thought the interview went great. I really liked the environment, i was introduced to everyone on staff that day. I feel like the only things i didn't like about my interview was when I asked about the hours, how it worked, etc. I was told that I would be hired as a 50 hour a week manager, but I would be working at least 60 and upwards of 70 hours a week. That a lot of hours to work in a week with so many managers working in the location in my opinion, and a lot of managers come in on their days off to do five hours of admin work to catch up. I thought this was an excessive amount of hours, to work regularly. I didn't say I couldn't do this but I honestly think I blew the interview by mentioning at the end in conversation that I have a toddler who would be in day care. While I am more than qualified for the position since I have similar work history as a general manager, I was not hired and no one has yet to fill the spot. I was a little disappointed because I feel in my heart this was the reason I wasn't selected, because the manager kept saying how this is the perfect job for single people, or with no children at home.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work history, what I did, what my role was, etc. I was then asked questions related to P&L since I was a store manager before. I was asked training questions as well, my style, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Pre interview with Recruiter, then an interview with General Manager. The pre interview was a screening process over the phone, from there you meet one on one with the General Manager .

Interview Questions

• Very culture driven questions as well as heavy on volume of operations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Concord, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a recruiter calling to set up interview on site with the GM. I took a Batrus exam online to see if I was acceptable. After I interviewed I was then contacted by the recruiter for background check.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in July 2008.

Interview

meet with the GM and anwsered his questions