David J. Joseph Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2016

2.9

Brokerage Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief introductory screening phone call followed by an in person interview a few weeks later. I applied online through my school's career services site and they gave me a follow up call that led to an interview thereafter.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at David J. Joseph in May 2016.

Interview

Their hiring process is terrible. This company is a joke. They will give you a phone interview then reassure that they will get back to you after a week or two. Then, two months later, they will arrange another phone interview , after that they will send you a "Thank you for your interest " email to inform that you have not being selected. What a waste of time and life!! I felt like there was never an open position to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What are your strengths? Why this company? What can you bring?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

Phone interview then 2 months later they finally were able to schedule an on site interview. 4 days later (weekend) I followed up and was replied with a stock thank you try again email

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

General discussion on resume and specific technology that the company uses. Met with the manager, the HR manager and the team. The overall experience was positive. There was not much technical question. The benefit package including the bonus was explained clearly. The on-boarding was good. The process was smooth and efficient.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

Pretty standard process. First a phone screening with an hr person, then a face to face with the hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Not a lot of questions but more a discussion on my experience and details of the position

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

There was fist contact via phone to set up another 20 minute phone interview the next week. After that, they scheduled another phone interview for the following week. On the day of (or perhaps, one day before) the phone interview they sent an e-mail letting me know they were going to skip the phone interview and would just bring me in the next week. The in-person interview was relaxed and took roughly 2 hours (30 minutes per person). Two weeks from the in-person interview they sent a final e-mail informing me that they chose another candidate.
    Seems like a fantastic company. Everyone was super friendly and respectful. I loved the place so much that if they made even a decent offer, I would have accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions and to give examples and details about what was on my resume.
      Very relaxed process.
      Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Next interview consisted of interview with person with whom I would directly report. The interview was approximately 1.5 hours and was relatively relaxed. They are big on cultural fit within the Company so I feel like the primary purpose was trying to determine this. This was followed up the following week by a meeting with both the head of the HR department and another person within the department in which I was interviewing. Another 2 hour interview. The following week I was asked to come in and meet with another Division Head for lunch. The following week I was asked to to tour one of their local facilities in the morning and then meet with the CEO. The following week I was asked to come in again and take a battery of tests- personality, Wunderlich, etc. I was told I performed very well on these and an offer was imminent. A couple of days later I was told that there was one other last minute candidate who was referred by an a company affiliate, and they felt they needed to interview him to cover their bases. Needless to say they met with him once and made an offer. Very frustrating experience in light of what they put they through, only to make a hire based on one interview. I will say they were very straight-forward and honest throughout the process. Basically, I think they are good people who are painfully slow and meticulous in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A situation where your values were challenged and how did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Very conversational questions- more personality based than anything else   Answer Question

Commercial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

On campus interview which consisted of going over the resume and then I was called in for an on site interview which consisted of a intelligence test, personality case questions, and interviews with several managers. It ends with a site tour so they can see if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an issue at work, how did you resolve it ?   Answer Question

Better offer somewhere else

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

Met with the Infrastructure Manager and the CIO. Toured the facility. Discussed the mood which was that it was an aging IT staff that didn't look kindly to change. Turns out the staff weren't very friendly with the new manager because he liked to be aggressive in monitoring his staff. He meant well and was very smart, but his aggressive nature didn't earn him respect.

Interview Questions

• What is it you like about IT?   1 Answer

Commercial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Louisville, KY) in April 2010.

Interview

I have had multiple interviews with this company and all of them have consisted of meeting different officials from the company. The most recent took place at their headquarters in Cincinnati and i met with three different people. All the questions were basic and the interview mostly consisted of discussing my resume. The have made it clear that i will have to pass a psychological analysis and other various tests including backround checks and drug tests.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing for you scholatically in college?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how NUCOR became succesful in the steel market?   1 Answer