David J. Joseph Interview Questions | Glassdoor

David J. Joseph Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.9

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

The interviewer went over (in order): my education, previous employment, general strengths & weaknesses, why this position (also proposed another position), past experience in similar roles, and finally position & area preference.

Interview Questions

• We have openings across our subsidiaries, do you have any preference?   1 Answer

Brokerage Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

Started with a 30 min phone screening interview. Waited 2 weeks before contacting me to schedule 2nd round phone interview. Finally was able to schedule a 3rd round in person interview which I thought went well. Sent a follow up email and never heard from them again. They do not seem to have much respect for potential candidate's time. I had to reach out to them to facilitate every portion of the hiring process. Frustrating to say the least.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Great interview process that was efficient and gave me a detailed view of the role, business partners and the organization as a whole. Everyone was very knowledgeable and had challenging questions that were not intimidating but instead there was an effort put forth to truly get to know me.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any really difficult or unexpected questions only an unexpected feeling of being comfortable both during the phone screen, the onsite interview and a follow up phone call. It felt more like a discussion to get to know me versus a round of investigative questions.   Answer Question

Brokerage Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief introductory screening phone call followed by an in person interview a few weeks later. I applied online through my school's career services site and they gave me a follow up call that led to an interview thereafter.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at David J. Joseph in May 2016.

Interview

Their hiring process is terrible. This company is a joke. They will give you a phone interview then reassure that they will get back to you after a week or two. Then, two months later, they will arrange another phone interview , after that they will send you a "Thank you for your interest " email to inform that you have not being selected. What a waste of time and life!! I felt like there was never an open position to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What are your strengths? Why this company? What can you bring?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

Phone interview then 2 months later they finally were able to schedule an on site interview. 4 days later (weekend) I followed up and was replied with a stock thank you try again email

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

General discussion on resume and specific technology that the company uses. Met with the manager, the HR manager and the team. The overall experience was positive. There was not much technical question. The benefit package including the bonus was explained clearly. The on-boarding was good. The process was smooth and efficient.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph.

Interview

Pretty standard process. First a phone screening with an hr person, then a face to face with the hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Not a lot of questions but more a discussion on my experience and details of the position

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

There was fist contact via phone to set up another 20 minute phone interview the next week. After that, they scheduled another phone interview for the following week. On the day of (or perhaps, one day before) the phone interview they sent an e-mail letting me know they were going to skip the phone interview and would just bring me in the next week. The in-person interview was relaxed and took roughly 2 hours (30 minutes per person). Two weeks from the in-person interview they sent a final e-mail informing me that they chose another candidate.
    Seems like a fantastic company. Everyone was super friendly and respectful. I loved the place so much that if they made even a decent offer, I would have accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions and to give examples and details about what was on my resume.
      Very relaxed process.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at David J. Joseph (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Next interview consisted of interview with person with whom I would directly report. The interview was approximately 1.5 hours and was relatively relaxed. They are big on cultural fit within the Company so I feel like the primary purpose was trying to determine this. This was followed up the following week by a meeting with both the head of the HR department and another person within the department in which I was interviewing. Another 2 hour interview. The following week I was asked to come in and meet with another Division Head for lunch. The following week I was asked to to tour one of their local facilities in the morning and then meet with the CEO. The following week I was asked to come in again and take a battery of tests- personality, Wunderlich, etc. I was told I performed very well on these and an offer was imminent. A couple of days later I was told that there was one other last minute candidate who was referred by an a company affiliate, and they felt they needed to interview him to cover their bases. Needless to say they met with him once and made an offer. Very frustrating experience in light of what they put they through, only to make a hire based on one interview. I will say they were very straight-forward and honest throughout the process. Basically, I think they are good people who are painfully slow and meticulous in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A situation where your values were challenged and how did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Very conversational questions- more personality based than anything else   Answer Question