David Jones Beauty Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Jones (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

We had to submit a resume and cover letter, then do an online interview and then about twenty of us, for different roles within the company, were invited to a group interview. The group interview consisted of three activities and then a one-on-one interview. For the group interview we were seated at tables with three to four others and assessed on how we interacted with each other and presented the information to the assessor.

Interview Questions

• Group Activity Questions
    Choose one word to describe yourself and relate this to your role in David Jones (icebreaker activity)
    What would you do in your role at David Jones to engage with the community and create a better future?
    scenario question - a customer moving into their first home has come to your department to buy small appliances. How would you provide them with the best customer service and how would you know if they had a premium customer service experience?

One on one interview
    Tell us about a time when you had a difficult deadline and how did you meet this challenge?
    Tell us about one of your proudest achievements.
    Have you ever worked in sales?
     Do you have any questions? - prepare some because it won't come easily otherwise although you will definitely think of them later :)

Tips: arrive early to check in downstairs. There were also questions asked in the initial stage before we started the group interviews asking who the brand ambassadors are and what year the company was founded.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for David Jones

Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Jones in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online through David Jones website. Make sure your resume is up to date and have an outstanding cover letter.
    Search online for interview questions related to sales assistant or beauty consultant.
    Read up on David Jones website about the company because they will ask you about it in the group interivew.

Interview Questions

• how have you been able to resolve a difficult situation in the work environment   Answer Question