Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted the application package (resume cover letter transcripts) and was called in for in firm interviews during the 1L hiring process. I met with about 6-8 lawyers on the first day, had dinner with the firm on the same day, and was called back to interview with more lawyers on the second day and had lunch on the third. The interviews were informal and very conversational, they mainly want to know about the kind of person you are and to allow you to see if you fit in with them. They went out of their way to be super nice and easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was very standard. I see you like to cook x dish, what does it involve/can you tell me about how you make this?   1 Answer

Student-at-Law Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Very pleasant process in a relaxing environment (considering it's a job interview at a top-tier firm!). First interview was one-on-one (comfy chairs, cookies), with mostly personality questions. Second interview was with two senior partners and more difficult. Third interview was another one-on-one, but this time I felt like the interviewer, while they were enticing me to join.

Interview Questions

• One question that trumped me was: if you were a prime minister for a day, what one law would you change and why?   6 Answers