Davis Polk Corporate Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Davis Polk Corporate Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. I was contacted to come in to interview on a Thursday and went in on the following Tuesday. You meet with the manager of corporate legal assistants first for about 20 minutes and he gives you the overview of the program and who you are going to meet with. I then met with the counsel lawyer on the team I was interviewing for, an associate, and the partner on the team each for about 25 minutes. I then spent 25-30 minutes with 2 legal assistants on the team. The only weird thing about this process is that no one asks you typical behavioral interview questions, for example about stress management or what your strengths and weaknesses look like, so you really have to use your time wisely to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Davis Polk

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume, CL, transcript through university website. Contacted by Legal Assistant Coordinator shortly after.

Went to office in Manhattan to meet with different division heads and some current legal assistants.

Invited to come back and interview with attorneys, partners, and more legal assistants of the divisions that had openings.

Contacted within 2-3 days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your interest in the law?
      Why Davis Polk?
      Attention to detail?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the head of paralegals. He called the next day to schedule an interview. Met with the legal assistant coordinator and the heads of several departments. All were obviously rushed and said very canned things like "we are all nice to each other, there is no screaming as legal assistants here".

Interview Questions

• One of the department heads gave a 5 minute very technical and complicated explanation of what he does and then asked me to explain it back to him.   Answer Question