Davis Polk Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Davis Polk Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was immediately set up following a brief phone call. Moderate to easy process. When you get to the office three hiring managers will independently interview you. The whole process took approximately 2 hours. I heard back two weeks after the interview.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked to the head director then sat 1-on-1 with the head of each of their 3 "sections" and they explained what they did and what they're looking for. Lastly, I met with a current paralegal to get a better understanding of the position from someone closer to my age.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why did you choose xyz major...   Answer Question

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer played a recording of himself singing during my interview, which was very odd. He also told me that he would let me know within two weeks whether I got the job. I followed up with both him and his assistant several times. Finally, two months later, I was able to catch him on the phone, where he told me that they had already made their decision "awhile ago." I had traveled out of state for this interview, so given the effort and money that I put in, I found his decision not to contact me about my rejection to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend interviewing at this place.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several questions about my previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the head of paralegals. He called the next day to schedule an interview. Met with the legal assistant coordinator and the heads of several departments. All were obviously rushed and said very canned things like "we are all nice to each other, there is no screaming as legal assistants here".

Interview Questions

• One of the department heads gave a 5 minute very technical and complicated explanation of what he does and then asked me to explain it back to him.   Answer Question