Davis Polk Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Davis Polk Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked to the head director then sat 1-on-1 with the head of each of their 3 "sections" and they explained what they did and what they're looking for. Lastly, I met with a current paralegal to get a better understanding of the position from someone closer to my age.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why did you choose xyz major...   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I received a call to interview within the week. I met with two managers, and completed a computer test. The interview process lasted 2 weeks. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. I was contacted to come in to interview on a Thursday and went in on the following Tuesday. You meet with the manager of corporate legal assistants first for about 20 minutes and he gives you the overview of the program and who you are going to meet with. I then met with the counsel lawyer on the team I was interviewing for, an associate, and the partner on the team each for about 25 minutes. I then spent 25-30 minutes with 2 legal assistants on the team. The only weird thing about this process is that no one asks you typical behavioral interview questions, for example about stress management or what your strengths and weaknesses look like, so you really have to use your time wisely to sell yourself.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was immediately set up following a brief phone call. Moderate to easy process. When you get to the office three hiring managers will independently interview you. The whole process took approximately 2 hours. I heard back two weeks after the interview.

SEC Compliant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The process went very fast. Had a total of 3 interviews, 2 with the director of the department and 1 with HR. Director was really laid back and was scanning to check the type of person I am. Personality questions came about. Skill review. Ask basic questions regarding knowledge on certain form types pertaining to the SEC. Behavioral questions. Ability to work in a team?

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer played a recording of himself singing during my interview, which was very odd. He also told me that he would let me know within two weeks whether I got the job. I followed up with both him and his assistant several times. Finally, two months later, I was able to catch him on the phone, where he told me that they had already made their decision "awhile ago." I had traveled out of state for this interview, so given the effort and money that I put in, I found his decision not to contact me about my rejection to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend interviewing at this place.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several questions about my previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume, CL, transcript through university website. Contacted by Legal Assistant Coordinator shortly after.

Went to office in Manhattan to meet with different division heads and some current legal assistants.

Invited to come back and interview with attorneys, partners, and more legal assistants of the divisions that had openings.

Contacted within 2-3 days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your interest in the law?
      Why Davis Polk?
      Attention to detail?
      Answer Question

Sumer Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter to HR and was contacted to set up an in-person interview. I went in and met with two HR managers, lasting a total of 30 minutes. I then met with another HR woman for about 15 minutes. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Why Davis Polk? Why the law? What are your long-term goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the head of paralegals. He called the next day to schedule an interview. Met with the legal assistant coordinator and the heads of several departments. All were obviously rushed and said very canned things like "we are all nice to each other, there is no screaming as legal assistants here".

Interview Questions

• One of the department heads gave a 5 minute very technical and complicated explanation of what he does and then asked me to explain it back to him.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Davis Polk (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

First there is an on-campus interview. If you get a call-back you spend half a day at the firm interviewing one on one with four or five lawyers. In about a week you hear back whether you got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could, in your past?   Answer Question