DayNine Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DayNine Consulting

3.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the corporate website. Was contacted by a recruiter and set up a 30 min. phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was asked to complete personality and aptitude tests online. After completing the online tests we scheduled an onsite interview the following week at their Pleasanton HQ. The onsite interview went very well. Towards the end of the interview I was asked if I was currently speaking to any other companies, at which point I gave a truthful response that I was in the interview process with 3 other companies - one of which being very deep into the process (4 interviews). At that point the interviewer seemed very shocked (nervous too?) and told me that I should start thinking about a topic for the panel presentation and that I would be added to the short list with 3 other candidates for an in person interview with a senior level manager. I was contacted a few days later and was informed that the senior manager would not be in the area for a while and that they would be doing a preliminary screening via Skype ahead of meeting me in person at their HQ. Before Skyping with the senior manager, the previous interviewer set up a quick 20 min Skype session with me in preparation for my conversation with his manager. He gave me a few notes on what things to speak about, how to dress, and what types of questions to ask, also reassuring me many times that this Skype session with the senior manager would only be an informal touchpoint since there was such a long gap before they returned to the area.

Everything was going really good until my Skype conversation with the Senior Manager. As soon as they saw me on Skype, the process was done. I present myself very well and wore a freshly pressed business suit during my Skype interview as instructed - However, my "look" do not fit into the mold that is Pleasanton or that is Ohio. The interviewer was very disinterested from minute one of my appearance, with their head propped up by their arm on the desk and constant yawning. I touched on all the points suggested by the previous interviewer, resulting in zero reaction from the yawning manager. The Skype interview ended averagely. I was told that they would follow up with me regarding further steps. Despite attempts follow up with my contacts, I received no further response - not even an automated 'Thanks, but no...'.

Although they preach diversity as one of their corporate beliefs, it is sorely lacking from what I observed during my time at their Pleasanton HQ. Before committing your time to this lengthy process, do a search of their roster on LinkedIn - if you can blend in with those faces, then go for it. If not, then you probably won't get past Sr. Management and might want to focus your time/effort somewhere else. LinkedIn tells me that the position has since been filled by someone with far less experience, but who definitely looks the part.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough consisting of personality / problem solving tests, 4+ interviews and a final panel presentation. Throughout its entirety the recruiters were quick to respond to any questions or concerns and were very flexible with scheduling. The importance of company culture was stressed by not wanting just great candidates but the right ones. DayNine only accepts the crème de la crème, and their challenging interview process ensures that.

Interview Questions

• Although not a question, the panel presentation was definitely the most difficult and challenging part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Experience dependent.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

As many others have said before, the hiring process is quite lengthy. I began with a phone interview with the recruiter. I then had to take a personality index (PI) and a predictive learning index (PLI) online. After that, I spoke with 2 Senior Consultants in a phone interview, followed by an interview with the Atlanta area Client Partner. After all of these 1:1 interviews, I did a panel interview with 3 members of the Executive Team via Skype. Overall it was the longest interview process I have ever been through, but now that I am a few months in as an employee, I see why. The whole company performs at an elite level and values company culture. It was worth it to stick it out through the process to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• I think the entire panel interview was the most difficult. It's obviously not a question, but it's not something you usually do in an interview and it is a little intimidating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process across the board. There are multiple steps beginning with a phone screen, cognitive abilities test similar to the Wonderlic, with ensuing face-to-face interviews as well as a performance based interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged to learn a new technology/process, how did you adapt and what were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair offer--not much negotiation; though, it was definitely not discouraged nor out of the question.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Interview

4 steps: a personality quiz, an aptitude test, a phone interview, and an in-person interview. The phone and in-person interview lasted about 30 minutes. The aptitude test was nothing too hard; lots of pattern recognition and mental arithmetic. They make you do this twice. Personally, I found the second time to be more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: why do you want to work for DayNIne? What experiences do you have? How would you tackle this problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter #1, received and completed two assessments. Upon completion, followed up with recruiter #1, and was referred to recruiter #2.

Received emails from recruiter #2, had two telephone interviews only to find out that DayNine purchased another boutique consulting firm and a hiring freeze was put in place when the purchase was officially announced.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with an HR hiring manager, followed by a couple of Skype Interviews with various DayNine executives. Had to create and present a presentation to a panel group as the final step. All DayNine interviewers were very friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. The HR representatives were great in helping me prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very defined from the beginning and the recruiter did a great job explaining it. There were assessments and three interviews. The last step was a presentation but I did not get that opportunity.

The assessments measured two things and were from a company called the Predictive Group. The recruiter explained that they were to help me decide if the job was right for me but were not the only criteria used.

The office was nice and there were alot of people there. I met someone who was currently a consultant and they did an indepth skills interview.

I left the process wanting a job, but I guess they didn't think I was good enough. It was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when the customer wanted extra work done that wasn't in the scope of the project and how you reacted to it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Interview

The hiring process was not very well organized. But I am satisfied as the recruiter was quick to respond and the process took about a week. All the question were based on the wokday implementations. They are not too concerned about the technical details but they do look for aspects like how comfortable you are talking to clients, attitude etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They seem to be tight with their compensation range. There is a minimal chance of negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of seven steps: a two phone interviews, a physic and IQ test, a skype interview, an in person interview, and lastly, a ~15 minute presentation. Everyone in the process was easy to talk to and seemed like they enjoyed their job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example a complex problem that you had to solve and how to you go about solving it.   Answer Question