DayNine Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.3

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Nashville, TN).

Interview

1. Applied online > Recruiter reached out > IQ and behavioral assessments
    2. Interview with the recruiter - he really wanted to know you and get a good sense of your background and fit.
    3. Interview with a senior IC - she was really awesome and got to talk more about her role and day-to-day responsibilities.
    4. Interview with a senior manager - nice guy who has been in the industry for some time.
    5. On-site presentation - present a project to a group of 5-6 senior managers + recruiters.

The overall process for me took over 3+ months. The process was tedious but they really wanted to make sure they hire the best. The recruiter for the program (located at UK) was simply awesome!!! He was very detailed and guided me through every step of the way. Probably one of the best recruiters that I have ever worked with. Unfortunately, I had other offers for northeast and this position required me to move to Nashville TN.

Interview Questions

• If you have the right background, the overall interview process might be tedious, but not difficult. Note that, they don't expect you to have workday experience, but it is important to have many of the transferable skills   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting in January 2017.

Interview

HR sent an email to complete a personality test and a cognitive test, similar to wonderlic, before introducing themselves. In the original email, the recruiter had emailed me the role in the wrong city. I completed the test twice and then proceeded with a phone screening. Next, I was set-up with a lead for an hour conversation. The lead informed me that I would hear back the next day from the recruiter. The next day I emailed the recruiter to follow-up. The recruiter informed me I would hear back the following day. Then, DayNine just stopped. No call, no follow-up. Most of the emails I received were around 8:00-9:00 PM at night. The process felt very unprofessional.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting in January 2017.

Interview

The emphasis is heavily on the assessments, rather than on actual experience and past success. I appreciate the inclusion of assessments, however they should be a component of the process, not the entire process. During the assessment follow up call, it became clear that this mutually not a fit. They were looking for a specific type of person, which I did not meet. That is ok, and I am glad we discovered that early.

There were several references to individuals being successful if they were in a fraternity in college, or played intramural sports. That seems irrelevant to candidates who are fairly well along in their careers and, both references also seem male biased. A reference to my assertive nature (an acknowledged result of my behavioral assessment) resulted in an assurance that it it is not a negative attribute. I would never have imagined that being assertive in the tech world could be construed as negative. Although, it can be considered that way in women. Those are a couple of snippets that determined for me that this was not the right culture for me and, that DayNine recruits for the male dominated world.

Interview Questions

• The focus was on providing me with information, rather than asking me about my experience. They rely on the assessments.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a 3 round process. I made it to the final round, only for them to tell me they were no longer recruiting for the Fall after keeping me in the process for 2 months.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview process with Accenture DayNine was without a question the longest process I've ever been a part of, but also easily the most fulfilling. After a brief phone screen with my recruiter, I took two PLI tests and a personality assessment. Following these, I participated in a more detailed phone interview. This was followed by a Skype interview with the head of the practice, a Skype interview with a Client Partner, and skills assessment where I performed a variety of tasks within a Workday tenant.

After completing these rounds, there was a bit of a dead period due to the Accenture's acquisition. Eventually, I received a verbal offer and an invitation to do a panel presentation. On the day of the panel, I did a brief in-person interview with another practice leader, got lunch with several colleagues in my practice, and presented to an all-virtual panel. 15 minutes after leaving the office, I received a formal offer over the phone; the next morning, I received the written offer.

I could see the process being easy to criticize -- if I were to add them up, I did maybe 11 rounds before getting the offer. But for me, every round got me more excited about the position and the company. And the rounds make sense -- some rounds examine your match with the company's culture, others look at your likelihood of passing HCM certification (required for most roles). By the time I accepted the final offer, I genuinely felt like I was already a DayNiner.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first met DayNine at an on-campus career fair, and then was later contacted for a phone interview. The interview went well, so I was then set-up to conduct an in-person interview on campus by two employees in their Nashville office. After the first in-person interview, I then was taken to Atlanta to conduct a second interview. In the end, did not make it to the third round, which would consist of presenting to a panel for 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time a supervisor gave you a bad review, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process was very transparent and straightforward. After an initial phone screen, I was asked to take two online assessments - an untimed personality survey and a timed problem solving test (50 questions, 12 minutes) repeated twice. I then had an in-person skills interview, focused on assessing my fit for the role. There is a third stage I did not get to - an in-person interview with the hiring manager and a 30-minute presentation to a panel, on any topic the candidate chooses and prepares for in advance.

HCM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Took two timed PLI exams which were mostly IQ related questions. You have to complete 50 such questions in 12 minutes which is kind of absurd. Anyway, if you clear that you get invited to an on-campus interview if DayNine is coming to recruit at your university like they did to me. If you clear that interview, you have to give a presentation to some HR managers who decide if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for DayNine?   Answer Question

HCM Consultant/Analyst (Campus) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail by a recruiter and was asked to take 3 online assessments. I took the three online assessments and was contacted again by the recruiter and was asked if I could speak on a certain day and time via Skype. I was told to add the Skype username and would be contacted when it was time for the interview. I confirmed the email and said I will be waiting to speak with the recruiter. The interview day and time came and I waited 10 minutes after the scheduled time and the recruiter did not call. I emailed and asked if they would like to reschedule. We rescheduled for the next day. The day came and I waited over 30 minutes for her to call via Skype. Did not get a call. I find this to be very rude. I understand that the recruiter has many priorities and this is just another assignment for their day, but it is very important for the job seeker. The company boasts its nine beliefs (some beliefs are: 'treat others how you want to be treated', 'integrity', and 'communications') and really want a strong company culture. Just from this encounter, I didn't feel this strong company culture of honesty and openness. They talk wanting the best and brightest, but how is that possible when the associates in the HR department acts this way? I believe the HR department acts as the "face" for the organization.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DayNine Consulting.

Interview

4 steps: a personality quiz, an aptitude test, a phone interview, and an in-person interview. The phone and in-person interview lasted about 30 minutes. The aptitude test was nothing too hard; lots of pattern recognition and mental arithmetic. They make you do this twice. Personally, I found the second time to be more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: why do you want to work for DayNIne? What experiences do you have? How would you tackle this problem?   Answer Question