Daybreak Game Company Character Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Character Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Daybreak Game Company (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview for DC MMO. Webby in excited because I am a big comic fan and have drawn for DC and Marvel.
Started with a phone interview with AD. Very nice, and professional but a little odd. Awkward and not enthusiastic. Asked him about recent layoffs and he just shrugged. Seemed like he was ready to quit TBH. He had seen my portfolio and was "impressed" but again not much enthusiasm.
Was called back for a skype interview with AD, CD and other team members. Had all my comic swag on camera to show that I was a fan.
CD seemed put off by my swag and spent a LOT of time talking about herself, bragging about her experiences on the game, etc. Seemed very uptight and cocky. Made two comments about personal politics that didn't belong in an interview.
CD made it seems like they were all comic book experts, but then she and the artists didn't know the answers to pretty simple questions about mainstream characters or backstories beyond a few years ago. CD seemed annoyed by my subject knowledge.
Artists were very nice but very
Not a single minority or person of color in any interview but was told by CD "we are a progressive studio".

Interview Questions

• CD pointed at my 70's JLA poster and asked me to name all the team members. CD couldn't tell the difference between Zatanna and Dr. Light. Claimed I was incorrect, but then dropped the subject.   Answer Question
  • Was asked to name the alter egos of 3 of the Flash family members.   1 Answer
  • What is my preferred medium for concept drawing? Did I prefer digital or traditional more?   Answer Question
  • Could I sculpt in Zbrush?   Answer Question