De Montfort University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

De Montfort University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

The admin person messed up the timing so I was ushered in the interview room, only to be greeted by another candidate's name. Upon knowing that there was the mistake, the interview panel apologised repeatedly. But they provided feedback on my interview performance which was quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose our department?
      How do you ensure diversity and equality in your teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved a presentation and a face to face interview with a panel. For the presentation, the candidate was asked to prepare a mini-lecture on a given topic, at the end of which, other academics asked questions to evaluate subject based understanding and presentation skills.
    The interview panel comprised of experts who asked questions about the candidate's experience and how they would react under different circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Subject specific questions to evaluate disciplinary understanding and scenario based questions to evaluate how the applicant would react under different circumstances.   Answer Question

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Msic and Audio Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

-Application form with CV required
    -Interview panel, comprised of 2 members of staff rom the department in question and one observer
    -Presentation in which the candidate must demonstrate their suitability for the role, according to a pre-specified topic or question

Interview Questions

• What have you contributed to your field through practice or academic publication?   1 Answer

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. Apply, get an email of being shortlisted and invited for an interview, maybe I had the choice of a couple of interview slots but I cannot remember, tbh. Attended interview, got confirmed, I accepted, HR got involved, I started.

Interview Questions

• Going through my work experience and sort of competency based questions. In hindsight I'd say predictable, a lot of the questions were just based on the person specification. None of that 'google make them think quick' questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview included a 10 minutes presentation followed by some questions from the interview panel. The interviewer were polite and interview was okay in general. The questions were mostly relevant but a couple of slightly confusing questions. Although I did not get a job offer, what I really liked about this interview was the professional behaviour of the main interviewer. She told me that they would be back for the result by the day after the interview and she did so. She gave me a phone call to tell me the outcome of the interview with very useful feedbacks both on positive and negative aspects of the interview. That helped me to do much better in my next interview leading to a good job offer. I believe they have done their job properly and professionally and it was a valuable experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you assess a large number of students in practical classes ?   Answer Question

International Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at De Montfort University.

Interview

I applied online, received an email and letter inviting me to interview. I was required to give a presentation on my target market, as well as have a panel interview with 3 regional managers and the director of international. Following that, I was required to detail a yearly budget of £30k. The interview was to take around an hour in total, but I went some time over that.

I received a letter 2 weeks after my interview saying that I had been rejected, and was given no feedback, despite requests.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, with the usual "tell me about a challenge" questions. I was able to anticipate all the questions asked by the panel, except a few, such as "why do you think we use targets?" and "have you worked in an international environment before?" which weren't challenging.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired through an external agency who arranged the final interview at the university. This interview was held with the departmental director, and two others, including a member of staff from HR. The interview lasted two hours and involved writing a sample communications strategy as well as questions from all three interviewers. I found the interviewers to be professional and friendly, and they were clear about the ethos of the university, so I could also see if I would fit in. I found out later that day that I was successful.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you have had to deal with conflict in a professional situation, and how you handled this?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had of communications planning?   Answer Question
    • What is the range of content you have written in previous roles and for what audiences?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any need for salary negotiation as the salary was quoted as exact and pays above sector-average. The start date was a compromise between both parties, allowing them to fill the position sooner while allowing me to take a holiday before I began.

Online and Multimedia Marketing Frontrunner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied via the Frontrunner website and was invited for an interview where I sat in front of a panel of marketing managers and marketing assistants and lasted around 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Quite general questions including...
      What are you studying?
      Are you able to photograph events or students if required?
      You'll be working closely with the web officer who adds content to the website, creates videos for the YouTube channel and designs promotional materials, have you any experience in this?
      You will be working within a small team, can you give an example of how you have worked successfully within a team?
      Can you give an example of how you have led a team or a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase as it was a placement scheme the wage was already set and so was the starting date.