DeGiulio Industries Interior Designer/Interior Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeGiulio Industries Interior Designer/Interior Assistant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at DeGiulio Industries

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Interior Designer/Interior Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeGiulio Industries in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was actually a two step process which consisted of first, meeting with the in-showroom manager, and second, the owner of the company.

The initial interview with the showroom manager went extremely well, was thorough, and I left the interview feeling excited to start the job. He was very nice and impressed with my portfolio; he thought that I would be very successful in the position offered and seemed excited to bring me on board. At the end of the interview the manager mentioned that the owner would just like to meet with me to show me around their "main campus" and talk over the job.

VERY different story when I arrived for the second interview. This only lasted all of 20 min in which I sat in front of the owner and was completely belittled over my experience and education. I was told that my education was worth nothing and that I would only be assisting in their showroom with no chance to excel within the position. I was personally degraded and put-down. The interview promptly ended with the owner saying that he guessed he could offer a position unpaid with no guarantee of a permanent position with the company after a month. VAST difference between what the position was initially described to me as with the showroom manager compared to what the owner that he could get away with. BE WARNED!

Interview Questions

• Do you even know how to design kitchens?   1 Answer

The job description was completely different from one person to another. The tittle was "Interior Designer", not, "Someone who will work for free after I belittle them in an interview". Would you really want to work for someone like that? I will take my passion and creativity where it's appreciated.