DeKalb County School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DeKalb County School District

2.6

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Decatur, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It took a while. I started off by calling the person several times a day until eventually they agreed to meet with me. When we finally did meet I was sure to thank them for their time, obviously they were very busy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I actually volunteered at a school for a month and was later offered a position as a Paraprofessional. That said, the interview process was very informal. I remember sitting the the principal's office and him asking me very general questions about myself, my professional aspirations, and about my care and concern for children.

Interview Questions

• The principal asked me: Have you worked with special needs children before? Do you have any training relative to the position? Do you have the patience required for this position?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Stone Mountain, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for aspiring leader cohort. It was awful. They seemed to play psychological games. The interviewers did not interact as you would with a traditional interview. It was very stoic. It takes a lot to rattle me and I walked out of it feeling God awful, pissef off, etc.

Anonymous Employee in North DeKalb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (North DeKalb, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very open ended interview. Asked a few questions, and expected me to talk a lot and convers. Six wuestions totel and about 40 min process. Three people interviewed me at same time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your educational background that qualifies you for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (DeKalb, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

3 round interview. 8 to 1 0 people present. Asked a total of about 16 questions. Felt very cold and negative. People were late to the meeting which was was stressful from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• Explain your teaching philosophy.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online, application was received. When job posing closed received call back and scheduled for interview. Interview was with Director and supervisor of Finance (both were very nice) received call back after 3 days with offer of employment.
    Had to call and get salary information for positon (which step I would start at) and information on cost of benefits.

Salary was to low.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Called in to interview without any advance notice and was interview by a panel of people who asked a series of questions and you weren't able to jot down any notes nor ask any questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Explained strengths and experiences. The interviewer told me about the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was not following instructions?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Dunwoody, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 of the staff members including someone from the county. Was pretty standard interview for a school with questions on differentiation, use of technology, how do you communicate with parents and the community and sample lesson plans.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interviews are conducted for new teachers. They choose admin and lead teachers to sit in on the interview. They collaboratively decide if you are a good fit for their school. It can be an intimidating situation if you are not confident with education jargon.