DeKalb County School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DeKalb County School District

2.6

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Stone Mountain, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online, application was received. When job posing closed received call back and scheduled for interview. Interview was with Director and supervisor of Finance (both were very nice) received call back after 3 days with offer of employment.
    Had to call and get salary information for positon (which step I would start at) and information on cost of benefits.

Salary was to low.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewing was the easiest part but I am now on my 6th principal and I have only been working in the county for 9 years at 2 schools. The interview was like a sit down with a friend more than an interview. Know about differentiation. Know how something about CCGPS and know that the curriculum is ever changing. Be sure on an interview with Dekalb County that you mention that you are flexible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was non but now I am at a point where I need a job of negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Explained strengths and experiences. The interviewer told me about the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was not following instructions?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District (Decatur, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

Must take a substitute teacher training course

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County School District in July 2011.

Interview

The interview was not long. The interview was very professional. The interview was held at the school. The interview was held by an administrator and the dept head. The interview was casual and the interviewers made me feel comfortable and confident. They made me feel wanted and told me to go ahead and turn down any other offers because they wanted me to work there.