DeKalb County School System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeKalb County School System Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.8

Custodian Interview

Interview

Applied on line took about 3weeks to get a interview. Interviewed with The principal of the school. As I was setting there a Nother interviewer came into the office hugging and talking to the secretary.Called me in it was my time to speak with the principle My interview went well I have 15 years in this field also a certified Floor tech. It's all in who u know at Dekalb county school system they don't care about your qualifications they hire friends and family members.

Interview Questions

• How well do u view customer service.   1 Answer

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Job Fair at Peachtree Middle School. They were very rude and did not make eye contact. They seemed to be preoccupied and not interested. I have two Masters Degrees and half way to a third one. They made me feel like a peon!

Instructional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Stone Mountain, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview from various departments; Each person asked a question and took a few notes but was generally rate. The interview didn't last no more than 15 minutes. It took a while after the interview before I was notified that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would I do my first 90 days on the job?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System.

Interview

extremely long drawn out online process. Need references with company email addresses. Need college transcript. etc. Need finger prints. Now you have to pay for a background check.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in North DeKalb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (North DeKalb, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very open ended interview. Asked a few questions, and expected me to talk a lot and convers. Six wuestions totel and about 40 min process. Three people interviewed me at same time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your educational background that qualifies you for this position.   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Stone Mountain, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for aspiring leader cohort. It was awful. They seemed to play psychological games. The interviewers did not interact as you would with a traditional interview. It was very stoic. It takes a lot to rattle me and I walked out of it feeling God awful, pissef off, etc.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the PATS system. I received a phone call after about 3 days. I was contacted by an administrative assistant who informed me I would be meeting with the principal. When I arrived, it seemed pretty relaxed and the principal and assist. principal met with me in the principal's office. It seemed to be going well, I was bombarded with questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with RTI? What do you know about it?   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Stone Mountain, GA).

Interview

Contacted via telephone and mail after application submission. First interview was conducted by the supervisor and director

Interview Questions

Salary was below what I was already making. Learned in interview that there had been no wage increases in 3 years.

Guidance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Decatur, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

The assistant principal, principal and head counselor provided a pleasant environment for my interview. The main secretary was so pleasant and welcoming. I felt very comfortable in answering the interview questions. I didn't feel as though there was a hidden agenda. The principal and assistant principal were very upfront and precise.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Called in to interview without any advance notice and was interview by a panel of people who asked a series of questions and you weren't able to jot down any notes nor ask any questions