DeKalb County School System Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeKalb County School System Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at DeKalb County School System

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Dunwoody, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 of the staff members including someone from the county. Was pretty standard interview for a school with questions on differentiation, use of technology, how do you communicate with parents and the community and sample lesson plans.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DeKalb County School System

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Gave demonstration of academic portfolio and resume. Basic questions about how to handle difficult parents and students. One on one, no panel. The interview questions were very basic for a teaching job. I asked more questions than the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interviews are conducted for new teachers. They choose admin and lead teachers to sit in on the interview. They collaboratively decide if you are a good fit for their school. It can be an intimidating situation if you are not confident with education jargon.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewing was the easiest part but I am now on my 6th principal and I have only been working in the county for 9 years at 2 schools. The interview was like a sit down with a friend more than an interview. Know about differentiation. Know how something about CCGPS and know that the curriculum is ever changing. Be sure on an interview with Dekalb County that you mention that you are flexible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was non but now I am at a point where I need a job of negotiation.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the PATS system. I received a phone call after about 3 days. I was contacted by an administrative assistant who informed me I would be meeting with the principal. When I arrived, it seemed pretty relaxed and the principal and assist. principal met with me in the principal's office. It seemed to be going well, I was bombarded with questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with RTI? What do you know about it?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeKalb County School System in July 2011.

Interview

The interview was not long. The interview was very professional. The interview was held at the school. The interview was held by an administrator and the dept head. The interview was casual and the interviewers made me feel comfortable and confident. They made me feel wanted and told me to go ahead and turn down any other offers because they wanted me to work there.