DePuy Synthes Interview Questions in West Chester, PA | Glassdoor

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but efficient and the team was respectful and responses were timely. They were clear about how the process would unfold and professional the entire time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through a college program, found out that I got the interview and was invited to schedule an interview and visit for the location, heard back a few weeks later.

Operator Biologics Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was with the department head and the supervisor. it was very laid back and easy to get through. I enjoy interviewing to see what kind of impression I make and it went very well. There was a small aptitude and math quiz which threw me off but I got through it unscathed. A very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to come back.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was unremarkable. I had some issues with a planned vacation and how much vacation time I would be afforded but they met my expectations. I didn't groan about money because i was happy with the offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Boring unattentive stupid little math quiz knew I had the job but it was predicated on predictability of a product that is not conducive to market Breakthrough, So much potential turned out it was just a crash and burn the product will be researched and moved overseas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

First 60 minutes was an engineering assessment exam, followed by an hour or interrogation on your answers by a panel of 8 current employees. Each employee then spent 45 mins interviewing individually with 5 min breaks between each. 1 of the interviews was over lunch. First half of interviewing was technical questions, last half of interviews were more behavioral questions. I didn't want to hear the sound of my voice by the end of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Completed an in person interview where I answered questions about my previous work and research experiences. In person interview involved an hour long presentation about my doctoral research. Followed by 4 different half hour interviews. Finished with lunch and discussion with the two managers. There was a mix of technical questions and some personality questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you solved a problem in the past. Give a specific example.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) Another Phone Interview
    3) In person interview where you have to take an exam then have to present your results to a group of people. Then you meet with a bunch of people individually.

Very unnecessarily long process. Over 2 months in total. Even unprofessional at some point. Took 6 weeks to get an actual offer on paper after they said they wanted me. Then when the offer was extended it was for a lot less than we had discussed at the beginning of the interview process. Ended up turning down the offer because Depuy-Synthes offer was significantly less than my current salary. When I explained to them the reasons why I could not afford to take less (same cost of living) they gave me a 24 hour take it or leave it deadline. HR very rude when I said I was turning down the offer. Walked away because I felt negotiations were handled dishonestly.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, but involved far more technical questions than I was prepared for. They are absolutely looking for a more experienced candidate than they advertised. I would still be interested in the position, although I chose to withdraw my application, do to personal concerns.

Interview Questions

• Describe all exemptions that an IDE manufactured product is subject to, particularly in regards to pediatric devices.   2 Answers

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA).

Interview

I interviewed at this company in West Chester, PA a number of years ago. Phone screen went really well but on site interview did not. In fact, the first couple of questions went poorly because the interviewer starting shifting his focus to Regulatory and wanted to know if I had experience in the medical device regulations in detail. I told him this wasn't my focus area prior (nor did it come up during the phone screen) but he clearly didn't care and I could tell I wasted my time. Hope their process has improved since then. Oh and I obviously didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself an expert in design control regulations and can educate the company on this area?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Re-interview process with Johnson and Johnson to retain position. Canned interview questions.