DeVries Global Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2016

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at DeVries Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeVries Global (Poughkeepsie, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Two DeVries employees came to my school to look at resumes and work on interview skills. Both were women, one was in PR and the other was from HR. They were both very nice and where I thought they would conduct the interview like a real job interview, I found they didn't have enough questions to ask me so there were a few strange pauses. It was pretty laid back and they told me once I had a bit more experience I should apply to be an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Chatted with the HR over the phone and then interviewed on-site with the two supervisors. Overall a pretty laid back process, no hard questions. And the people there were pretty nice about it & fun to chat with

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in PR
      What are your past experiences
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position online at my university career center. I received a email to set up a phone interview with the HR Coordinator within a day. I had a phone interview 2 days later. The inital contact was very flexible. I was then asked to come to interview with a few account coordinator the following week. The HR Coordinator worked with my schedule so I could interview with the coordinators. The interview was very fun and relaxed. I felt comfortable answering and asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in PR?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted offer and worked with HR Coordinator to set up a start date and time to begin the interview.

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 individuals all from the same accounts I work under. Two of my interviewers were very active in questioning me on my experience and skill set, the other just observed. It helps to have a list of questions to ask at the end. I might have had one too many. 2-4 recommended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate my salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Human resource lady who I knew before reach out to me, scheduled for a phone interview with her, then move to the next in-person interview with account executive and assistant account executive at the office, who are my supervisor, got the offer within the next day

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Very pleasant interview!

Interview Questions

• Nothing I didn't expect going into the interview. Writing test after interview.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by in person interview. I was then invited to come into the office to interview with the person who would be my manager. The interview was very general with no surprises or hard questions. The HR manager was eager to sell the position but was vague to describe the actual job duties.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The HR Team was really nice and easy to talk to. They told me a lot about the position and company and there was a little negotiation with salary; however, not much. I had 3-4 rounds of interviews, and one of the rounds included meeting with various people on the team so I could ask any questions that I had as well as discuss my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of the top things that you learned at your old position?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Came in to speak with HR who told me about the opening. I had to two subsequent interviews with the senior mangers on the team and then the rest of the team.

Overall, the interview was very conversational and laid back. we talked a lot about pop culture and our interests. I definitely felt like I got to know everyone pretty well during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were not a lot of hard questions. However, they were very interested in my ability to navigate social media.   Answer Question

PR Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVries Global (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Met with a public relations team from DeVries. All in all the team was very bland, did not seem to show interest, and one girl laughed in my face when I answered an opinionated question. Make the job seem to be more luxiorous than it actually was. Did not answer questions I had asked, and just appeared as if i were wasting there time when they called ME in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had sent something out to for shipment, and it got lost along the way,how would I solve that problem?   Answer Question