DeVry Education Group Academic Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry Education Group Academic Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at DeVry Education Group

3.5

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

First I was contacted via Email to schedule a phone interview. When she called to confirm the phone interview, she said she would be emailing assessments to be completed before the phone interview. I tried emailing her and she was out of office. She failed to email the assessments and made it seem like it was my fault they weren't available before the interview. She rescheduled the phone interview and finally sent the assessments. phone interview went fine and she seemed really friendly at the end. She said her supervisor would be contacting me to schedule an in person interview. She emailed two days later with an in person interview for 4 days later. Seemed to be moving fast!

When I arrived at the interview, they didn't have me on the calendar. I ended up waiting 30 minutes to meet with two ladies. They asked situational questions wanting specific answers relating to my resume. They said i should hear in two weeks. Two weeks later a different person emailed to schedule 2nd in person interview. It was for three weeks later. two days later they called to reschedule for three weeks later. Went to the in person interview, she was friendly, but seemed to be uninterested. She was very happy to talk about the program, but wasn't interested in my responses. She just seemed like she knew she wasn't going to hire me for the position.

Got a call from the original phone interview lady and she said they thought i would be a better fit for a different position. She sent another round of assessments. She told me specific things to say to questions they would ask. interview was scheduled for the next week. This round was much more intense. They asked about sales experience and how i would respond to rejection. They were not friendly and very cold. Never received a call back and its been over a month. The whole process was over 2 months.

I would not suggest this company to anyone else. they are not trustworthy and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly related my experience to the position. not very challenging. Typical situational/example questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DeVry Education Group

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted via email from a woman in HR. I had to complete a couple assessments before we could schedule the phone interview, which was somewhat annoying. One assessment was a personality questionnaire, I believe it took about 30 minutes. The other was like a college math exam, I found both to be stressful, and I never learned what the results were (I must have done okay if I proceeded to a phone interview, then followed by an interview at the office in Naperville). The HR lady on the phone was friendly. The office interview was with two women (I can't remember their positions) it seemed like they played Good Cop Bad Cop which I didn't appreciate.

Interview Questions

• There is a student who was taking courses so he could get a promotion at work. He ends up getting the promotion anyway and doesn't feel he has to finish his degree. How would you change his mind?   Answer Question