DeVry Education Group Admissions Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry Education Group Admissions Advisor Interview Questions

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

I had technically three interviews. The first with the Talent recruiter. Then with the director of Admissions. Then with the director and another woman. It took about a month to go through all of the interviews and be offered the job.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, pay is good

Other Interview Reviews for DeVry Education Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Two judgment assessments were given, then a phone interview was conducted by a recruiter, that was followed by an in person interview with the Executive Director of Admissions and then a final interview was held with two Campus Directors. Everyone was considerate and professional except for the Executive Director of Admissions, Richard, whom unexpectedly brought up my age and gender as a disadvantage. After no response for a month after my final interview, I accepted a higher paying position from a different university.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetically, someone walks into your office for an advising appointment, and sees that you are a very young lady, how would you handle that?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Devry University when there are so many other universities you could have applied to?   Answer Question
    • What didn't you like about your last job?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be the hardest part of this job?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Devry University?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

3 steps - phone interview with HR; in person interview with your direct manager; in person interview with Campus President or Executive Leadership Team. You will have to take a personality test and to some that means a lot, to others it doesn't. Just make sure you have a convincing people personality.

Interview Questions

• Typical - how do you handle students who don't have the motivation or inspiration to better themselves?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really negotiable.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person. They contacted every one of my references and asked them thorough questions. After a drug test I got my official offer.
    The training phase was 8 weeks but really only had a few days of full content. They expected you to be work ready in only a few days.
    They did not fully prepare you to be cold calling. They make it seem like every "prospect" wants information but expect you to convert about 5% of them long term

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Group interview with around 10-20 people. They will ask you basic questions - make sure to have your two minute elevator speach ready. If asked back, you will meet with 2-3 managers and they will conduct a behaviornal based interview. If they decide that they like you, but you are a better fit for another team, you will either have a phone interview of another in-person with that manager.

Interview Questions

• You will role play calling a prospect for the first time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several interviews. The first was an initial screening phone interview, the second was another phone interview with a team manager, and the third was an in office interview with a couple of managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Long Beach, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter with a phone screening she asked to meet with her at a hiring orientation where they would be conducting interviews, I accepted. I sat through a half hour presentation about Devry and what they offer. Then we were broken up to do a face to face interview. I was asked three simple questions to describe my previous employer the reason for leaving and to talk about a situation where my listening skilled where needed to assist a customer. I thought the interview had gone really good. I was told I was going to be contacted by the recruiter the following day. I was also described the position and was told once hired there was a week training that took place in Chicago. Unfortunately I never heard back from them and didn't purse them any further because It would be really difficult for me to take a trip to Chicago but overall it seemed like a good company and the hours included working evenings and Saturdays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Initially sent in resume, application online. I was contacted within two weeks to come in for an interview with the Director of Admissions The interview was scheduled at rush hour and turned out to be a group of us waiting in the lobby area for about 20 minutes to a half hour. Candidates were rushing in late. We were escorted to a classroom where we met the Director and five of her ADOA's. I couldn't help but note that all of the employees were African American as well as 9 out of 12 of the candidates - coincidence. They collected our resumes and did a lengthy presentation of the University. We were to give a 3 to 5 minute presentation of why they should enroll in the University that we had attended. It was very lengthy. It was no secret who they were most likely to consider. It felt like they were not the least concerned with anyone's time. It was a turn off. No sour grapes - I was glad to get the obligatory thanks but no thanks.... to you too. I need to add - most significantly. I was asked NO questions about myself at any time.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked at any time in the initial interview process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Group Interview. one on one.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 characteristics that will make yu successfull?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group in December 2010.

Interview

long

Interview Questions

received other offer prior to theirs