DeVry Education Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Downers Grove, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a Face to Face interview. Thought it went really well but have yet to hear anything regarding the next steps. Followed up with Recruiter and hiring manager and no response. I think that every organization should take the time to follow up with candidates regardless if they received it or not. Candidates do take time off from work to attend these interviews. Very unprofessional. I would advise job seekers to look else where especially with their declining enrollment and layoff information that I found on thelayoff.com

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not structured. They were all over the place and may be different in each interview.   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Supposedly the next step was a Skype interview with hiring manager but never got a confirmation email or even a rejection email. Sent a follow up to both the recruiter and hiring manager, neither one responded. Highly unprofessional!

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely disorganized. My recruiter rescheduled my first phone screen due to illness. I did not receive the call at the rescheduled time due to the recruiters busy schedule.

After finally connecting with the recruiter for the phone screen, a different recruiter reached out to me for a follow up with the hiring manager. 5 days after following up with this recruiter and hearing nothing, a third recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. At the scheduled time of my phone screen with the hiring manager, I never received a phone call. A couple days later, this call was rescheduled.

After this phone screen, I was scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager, and 3 other associates, The in person interview lasted 2.5 hours.

Only 3 hours after the completion of my in person interview, I received an email from the recruiter notifying me that they had selected another candidate for the position.

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

30 minute over the phone interview, one hour of online quizzes/exams - typing, logical reasoning, personality inventory, one hour face to face interview. Both interviews went fantastic, told me a start date and showed me around the facility. Shook my hand three times before leaving, huge smiles and boasted about what a pleasure it was to interview me, and lead to me believe I was highly qualified for the position with my MA degree, almost as if they were trying to sell me the job - I received a letter three days later via email that they chose another candidate. They seem to be excellent at deception.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest success in your life? What was your biggest failure? How did you prove yourself in previous employment? Tell me about a time when you [fill in the blank].   1 Answer

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, the first was with a recruiter then one with the direct supervisor of the team I would be working for. Once I passed the phone process I was invited to come in and interview with a few people. The first in-person interview was with two gentlemen I would be working directly with in my position, followed by an interview with my direct supervisor and the director he/she reports to. All of the interviews were pretty formal, except for the dress aspect, definitely make sure to dress to impress as with any interview.

Interview Questions

• What is encapsulation?
      What is OOP?
      What is polymorphism?
      There were also a couple basic Java/JavaScript questions for my position specifically.   1 Answer

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

About a week after I applied, I was sent and email by the HR recruiter to set up a phone interview. That interview went really well and I was set up for a second interview to meet with who who be my potential supervisor. I received an email confirming the second interview. The day before the interview I received another email confirming the interview, only to find out it would be with someone else. After I arrived, I was told I arrived extremely early for the interview. (I got there 15 minutes early which too me is pretty standard) I waited for over 30 minutes for the interview. After finally being taken I was actually not interviewing with the person they told me I would be interviewing with, but two supervisors. The interview was very formal, and I thought that it went well.The questions were not all that difficult. I sent thank you notes to each person that I interviewed with but I never heard back. After checking my status, the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most difficult aspect of the job?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

There was a Phone screen and several live interviews. You have to do an assessment online, which took awhile, but if it helps it is okay. Took about an hour.

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, asking various questions. The interview was only 20 minutes long. The questions were not difficult. No time was given to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and had a success.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

During the interview, you are asked what you know about the company. It is the basics though, what do you want to do, what have you done and do you have examples. I interviewed with one person first and then two people the second time before meeting the man in charge.

Student Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First was a phone screening, then a phone interview. Application,background check, urine sample, then the final interview. The whole process took around 4 weeks, I provided my thank you letters and resumes to all who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Out of the other applications we received, what makes you stand out.   1 Answer
    • Two scenarios, tell me about a time (when you resolved something without your boss) and (tell me about a time you didnt meet a deadline)   1 Answer