DeVry Education Group Communications Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Coral Gables, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

This has to be the longest process to get a NO I have ever experienced (almost 2 months). After 3 phone interviews and a face-to-face interview, I was almost sure I had the job. I completed an assessment test and I was asked via email for 3 references. After all was said and done, I waited patiently (supposedly for the references to be checked (they never called anyone) and move on to the next step, which I thought was an offer). After 3 weeks of HR being unresponsive and several emails and phone calls inquiring about the position, I received an email that said they were not going to be moving forward with my application. They took 3 weeks to decide I was not a fit for the position?

The hiring process in this institution is far from good or professional. It seemed to me that they only had one HR person that managed everything in that department, because she kept excusing herself for not answering emails/phone calls saying her schedule was very busy (I'm also sure this was a strategy to give me the run-around until she had an answer from the hiring manager).

It's a shame that this educational institution puts someone through this excruciating process without a positive result.

Interview Questions

• Assessment Test Example:

Example 1:

CLOCK:TIME

Which of the following word pairs expresses a relationship most similar to that expressed above?

A. Map : Directions
    B. Country : States
    C. Latitude : Land
    D. Depth : Oceans
    E. Odometer : Altitude

The correct answer is A. The CLOCK provides the user with TIME. The correct answer must fit in this sentence. A MAP provides the user with DIRECTIONS.

Example 2:

The recently released Wilder Foundation report, and its prediction that the city's senior population could grow as much as 115 percent by the year 2025, might send shivers down the spines of older residents everywhere.

But think about it. This isn't just a senior problem; this is everyone's problem. After all, how old will you be in 15 years? The big problems will be housing and services. Will there be enough housing? Will services be adequate?

The good news is that the city appears to be moving in the right direction. Not only does it have a number of well-established programs in place, but it has encouraged the formation of new programs as well.

What is the main point of the above article?

A. People are getting older all the time.
    B. There will be a shortage of housing and services by the year 2025.
    C. The Wilder Foundation report was recently released.
    D. The city must take steps now to be ready for the year 2025.
    E. This problem only affects senior citizens.

The correct answer is D. The passage describes the problem, what will happen if no action occurs, and how the city is moving in the right direction. The other response options are either off-topic, too specific, or are directly contradicted by the text in the passage.   Answer Question