DeVry University Admissions Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry University Admissions Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Long than average wait, and intense process. I didn't think they were interested because it took so long to her from a talent scout. I had a phone screen, two one on one interviews, a phone interview, and a video chat interview - then they contacted my references. Not that I was worried but, they don't do a drug screen. They do outsource for their background check. That company is a little intense. Overall, be ready with your sales pitch and be passionate about education.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DeVry University

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview first. I was the in an interview with 2 individuals. I was offered the position. I had to do a background check. They also had me do a drug screening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Heard about the position from a friend who was employed there.
    First call was an over the phone interview.
    After some time, they brought me into their Naperville campus for a meeting with the VP of admissions and another manager. Interview went on for an hour, followed by a brief 1-on-1 with one of the admissions members for some questions.
    Received email about a week later informing me they are not moving on to hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What issues or challenges do you foresee working in this position?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Hiring process was very long (almost 2 months) in my particular case because there was a role change in leadership.

Phone interview
    Standardized testing: 2 Examinations
    In-Person interview
    Phone interview
    In-Person interview

During the process the HR Generalist was very open and up-front and let me know I'd be moving forward after each interview.
    Offer was given 1 week later.
    Extensive background check
    No drug test, started 2 weeks after I accepted the offer.
    God bless and good luck to you all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to go against a manager's decision? if so, explain? if not, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, pay is fairly decent for this role and area.

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Started out with large group information sessions and whittled down to individual interview. It was an average interview experience for a university admissions position. They are looking for sales abilities.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

lengthy process-first resume and application, then a call from a recruiter following a phone interview, then an interview with the admissions manager, then an interview with the president (if the first two go well). After all of this- it still took another month before starting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with DeVry was drawn out and a waste of time. They led me on for months and then denied me with a generic email stating that they went with another candidate. After a great interview (in my opinion) they took forever to make any progress with their hiring, despite telling me that I was a top contender for the position. After several emails and calls back and forth, they finally gave me the bad news. I wish it didn't take three months for them to come to that decision. Very unprofessional. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't get the job. Working for them must be a similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions. Where do you see yourself in five years? etc.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Submitted resume to a recruiter, and was sent an e-mail to complete two assessments - one was a quantitative reasoning assessment, and the the other was a "judgment" assessment. I was informed by the recruiter on the same day that I completed the assessments that, while I did extremely well on the quantitative reasoning assessment, I did not meet requirements on the "judgment" assessment, and I was given best wishes in my job search. I wasn't even told WHY or HOW I didn't meet requirements. I assume that one has to have a certain type of temperament or belief system to even be called in for an interview, and I suppose that mine just didn't fit, which is a shame, as I enjoy helping people and I have loads of experience in proprietary education.

Interview Questions

• Didn't even get to the in-person interview step, so I don't have any questions to post.   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Absolutely worst interview experience in my life. I was interviewed by two people at the same time. They were both extremely rude and rushed the interview as if I was distracting them from work. They were both late for the interview and left me sitting in the reception area for at least 10-minutes. After the interview, I knew I did not want to work for that company. I was more than happy that they didn't want me as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, are you wealthy?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Once the electronic rover has scanned your resume and human resources has vetted you, you'll have an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions, and then a second interview with the Campus Dean. There is an extensive skills test (math, logic, personality traits) If all of that is in your favor, then the background and drug test, and you're done.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell an education since it is not something the customer can hold or readily see the effects that derive from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation process, they explain the compensation package at your time of hire and that's that. It's particularly lucrative, so not a bad thing.