DeVry University Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry University Admissions Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter and had a phone interview that lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview covered previous work history as well as several behavioral questions that required specific examples. Called for a second in-person interview with the Admissions Director. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and included behavioral based questions as well as how well you would handle objections. Got a feeling that this was a high-pressure sales environment. Was called a week after my in-person interview and was told that they were restructuring internally and that the position would be filled in that manner. Was told I did very well in both interviews and I would be kept in the pipeline for future openings.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to admit a mistake to a client/customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DeVry University

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews, wonderlic, and in person interview. The usual sales type questions/interviews. The live interview was with campus director & director of career services. One interview by phone with district manager was while he was driving, so that was a bit distracting.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your stress at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. A few Assessment. In person interview with 2 people. The recruiter first reach out to me via phone, he was a very nice guy. He talked about the company, pay, benefits, expectations and set up my assessments. After completing assessment set up my interview with Director of admissions and assistant director of admission.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll do good in this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Addison, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Received and email to give the HR rep a call. You have about a 30 minute conversation about why you would be a good fit, sales positions you had, customer service positions you had. Then they go over benefits and their standard pay that is non negotiable. Then you get called into a interview with the Director and an Assistant Director.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you over come it?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

basically they make you fill out a long form millions of questions then you do an inhouse group interview which is awkward followed by one on ones. It took HR a good 4 weeks to get back to me by which I was already employed with another company

Interview Questions

• They were all off a white sheet of paper (skills/passions/goals) typical run of the mill   Answer Question

already employed

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interview process was streamline. Phone screening through HR Generalist. After phone screening was invited for a personal interview with the Director of Admissions following immediately by the Assistant Director of Admissions. Since I had nothing else to do that day, they pulled me directly into a Panel Interview with the Dean of Student Central, the Director of High School Programs, and Manager of Financial Aid. I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Addison, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Was called for a brief screen and set up a phone interview. Phone Interview, which included situational questions and things like why devry? what are your strengths? How would you approach a situation in which the student was not interested? and the same ones others have posted here.

Was told at the end of the phone interview that I would be set up with an on site interview with the director and assistant director of admissions. The onsite interview was harder and more intimidating. Director did most of the talking. I knew in the middle of the meeting that I would not take the job if I got an offer. Felt like the dude was nice because he had too not because he wanted too.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Orlando, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and was told I would be called on a Wednesday. Didn't get the call until Friday. When I was called, the HR Generalist said my marketing background wasn't a fit for sales and customer service!? I literally had to explain how sales/CS is part of marketing and then explain how my resume was a fit for the job. It worked and I was brought in for an in-person interview.

My interviewer was super nice and made me feel very comfortable. I heard horror stories of other managers in the same office who were grilling candidates and asking them to "sell them a pencil" and overcome potential student objections.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University (Long Beach, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process began with the normal scheduled phone interview with an HR representative. Easy enough since they seemed to be interested in a bubbly, outgoing personality. She immediately offered an in-person interview which she promised to call back and schedule by the end of the day. Three days later I had not heard from her, so I had to contact her.

The email I received to confirm my in-person interview was typo-ridden, which doesn't normally bother me. Except she misspelled her director's name, whom I was to call upon arrival to the site. So I essentially called the director (my interviewer) by the wrong name over the phone for a job that is heavily phone-based. Awesome.

Typical interview with friendly office and staff. I was offered a group interview, but was notified a day before that they wish me luck on my career search elsewhere.

It got interesting when out of the blue three months later they call for a group interview which I attended. I was the only person who showed up. The HR rep seemed rushed and unfocused making me feel like I had completely wasted my afternoon. She concluded by saying that she would review my past interviews and contact me (aka "Why didn't we like you before?"). I received no contact whatsoever even after a interview thank you note and follow-up inquiry. Basically seems like the HR department might need to review their own performances.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Great hiring process, but they've since gotten rid of the local HR person. It's going to either be temps or their centralized HR service now, so I don't know how the hiring process will go now.