DeVry University Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director, Library ServicesDirector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went in and had a roundtable interview with people from all departments. They asked questions on background experience, their expectations, what the future of the library was for a library director. They were open ended questions, not right or wrong, but honest. It was very comfortable, like a graduate seminar.

Interview Questions

• We discussed educational philosophy for adult learners and how library skill sets were equal to the outcome. There were not any questions that were banal. The roundtable was very serious and professional. After the interview, met with president of campus who asked questions on the administrative qualifications and the overview of the campus and company.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I came recommended from a highly respected Statistics professor while attending Devry University.
    The interview for me was more of a get to know me and here is what you will be doing conversation.

Interview Questions

• What subjects do you know well enough to tutor?   1 Answer

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back from HR in IL a few days later. She wanted to set up a phone interview. I think I had to wait about a week until the phone interview. It was supposed to take about an hour and a half, but I think it took 20 min. Really easy questions: Do you like people, describe a situation where you had to choose who to help first, student or boss, stuff like that. I was just friendly and she immediately wanted to set me up for an in person interview. I found out later she interviews a bunch of people and then picks the top three to send in. She sent me an online assessment to do. It was dull. I had to wait over two weeks until someone was ready to interview me in person. She showed me around the area and everyone was really friendly. Some questions had to do with the situation they find themselves in right now; lay-offs, change of culture, etc. So she asked how I react to new co-workers/co-workers leaving, how I respond to students questions that seem stupid, etc. It's been a week now and I haven't hears back. I know I did well on the interview, but it's killing to not hear anything.
    tl;dr simple questions, nice atmosphere. Be nice and help students above all else.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you've finished your work but still have to be on the clock?   1 Answer

Executive Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of basic questions with the hiring directors at the local questions. I was an employee referral. The hiring directors had varied styles so one focused on culture while the other focused on past experiences and skill contribution.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your past experiences as an admissions advisor?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I was required to demonstrate a 20 minute lecture to 6 full-time faculty members.
    Since, I was requesting to teach the psychology courses, I choose to give a lecture on Lance Armstrong and how he dealt with his diagnosis of testicular cancer during the Tour de France.

Focus: Student centered, several methodologies, esp. technology.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ask if I was qualified, would I like to teach additional classes. Standard adjunct rates.