DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Admissions Advisor - Decatur, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for assessment about a week later, completed assessment received a phone call to set up for phone interview, phone interviewer stated they would pass my information and recommend for face to face interview. 2 weeks no response

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would like to work for this organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Submitted resume
    Was emailed from Talent Acquisition to take an online assessment test. The test was math story problems and personality.
    After I took the assessment, I was was contacted via phone and had a mini phone interview. A face to face interview was set up during the phone interview. Interview was two days later. It lasted about 40 mins.
    The following business day, they sent me an email stating they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things others would say about you?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 things you'd say about youself   Answer Question
    • A time where you made a decision but your heart was telling you otherwise   Answer Question
    • After you left high school and your entered the workforce, what were you shocked by?   Answer Question

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume
    After I took the assessment, I was was contacted via phone and had a mini phone interview. A face to face interview was set up three weeks after my first interview because the HR lady never got back to me via Email. After three weeks of playing phone tag, she finally set up an interview for me. She told me that I would hear back whether or not I got the job (Which is one of the reasons why she said the company was so great because they will actually get back to you with an offer or no offer unlike other companies that leave you hanging. I then had the in person interview with two people for 60 minutes and they told me they would get back to me with a job offer or let me know that I would not receive an offer because they're nice like that... Its been two months since the interview and I have not heard anything back from them. So, they straight up lied to my face. I tried contacting them and heard nothing back.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Heard about the position from a friend who was employed there.
    First call was an over the phone interview.
    After some time, they brought me into their Naperville campus for a meeting with the VP of admissions and another manager. Interview went on for an hour, followed by a brief 1-on-1 with one of the admissions members for some questions.
    Received email about a week later informing me they are not moving on to hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What issues or challenges do you foresee working in this position?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter and had a phone interview that lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview covered previous work history as well as several behavioral questions that required specific examples. Called for a second in-person interview with the Admissions Director. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and included behavioral based questions as well as how well you would handle objections. Got a feeling that this was a high-pressure sales environment. Was called a week after my in-person interview and was told that they were restructuring internally and that the position would be filled in that manner. Was told I did very well in both interviews and I would be kept in the pipeline for future openings.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to admit a mistake to a client/customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First you apply online take a small text really hard after that human resource calls you ask questions make sure you are flexible with time they will make you rotate shifts and they want you to be flexible they might l tell you 3 shifts but you will get the shift that they want to give you . After the phone interview is fave to face interview very easy just be flexible with time and you'll do good make sure you bring resume to interview don't want to make a bad impression with no resume

Interview Questions

• What would you do differ in a certain annexation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Rego Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week from a recruiter on the phone. He was so nice and eager and made me want the job even more than when I applied for it. He told me I had to complete an online assessment (which was seemingly very hard) and he would pass my resume onto the next step and I was excited. Within a week I got a call from another recruiter to sent up an in person interview with the Dean of the Devry campus in Rego park. I set up the interview in a the same week and got a call back 2 days later from the same recruiter saying that the Dean asked her to reschedule because she was no longer available, I thought that was very unprofessional yet I agreed and changed the interview. I went into the building the following week all smiles, dressed very professionally. I arrived a half and hour early, yet i still had to wait a hour and a half. After waiting for a hour and a half another employee gave me a tour of where I would potentially be working, although it seemed very boring I was still very interested. The employee then took me back to the waiting room where I waited ANOTHER 30 minutes. Finally the Dean came out and took me into her office. She didn't seem to have any solid questions and just made things up as they went. She scribbled on the back of my resume which brought me to realize this was not a structured interview. I figured she already had a candidate in mind that she wanted to hire because at the end she said "well I'm done with all interviews now.. heres my card" as if dismissing me. I've never had a terrible interview but this just seemed to be very unorganized and all over the place. Everything does happen for a reason!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Rego Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from an HR rep after 2 or 3 weeks. HR rep wanted to know my work history, and why I applied for this position. HR rep said that I would be contacted about a face to face interview after I completed an online assessment.

The online assessment asked about how I would handle certain work situations. It also asked questions like, "If a train leaves Chicago at 1pm traveling at a speed of 20 miles an hour, how long would it take to get to NYC" and, "Mary works 9 to 5, and Jim works until midnight. Everyone in shipping works past 5pm, which department does Mary not work in".

HR rep called me back in a few days asking if I received an email about the face to face interview, I did not, and she immediately got the HR coordinator to get back to me.

At the face to face meet 1st with the other Operations Support Coordinator who told me what the day to day position is like. Then met with the Center Dean. She asked questions about how I handle different situations, asked if I had any questions. Entire process lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you went out of your way to help someone and it did not work out.   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in August 2015.

Interview

First step in the hiring process was an online assessment, followed by an phone interview, then 3 on site interviews. Everyone I met with was very nice and candid about the fast paced work environment and company culture.

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

got a call to answer some questions, was told I would be inform of next steps to follow, after a week I called back, was told they got a different person handling the hiring and didn't know who had done what

Interview Questions

• Questions were repeated for second recruiter, total waste of time as job was offered when skills, experience, and requirements were matched 100%, gave bogus excuses   1 Answer