DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Professor Interview

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. They were looking for the exceptional teaching qualities. They were also making sure the interviewee had expertise in the industry experience that support specific classes you can teach.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle your classroom to ensure all students are getting quality service?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor - Decatur, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for assessment about a week later, completed assessment received a phone call to set up for phone interview, phone interviewer stated they would pass my information and recommend for face to face interview. 2 weeks no response

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would like to work for this organization.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Long than average wait, and intense process. I didn't think they were interested because it took so long to her from a talent scout. I had a phone screen, two one on one interviews, a phone interview, and a video chat interview - then they contacted my references. Not that I was worried but, they don't do a drug screen. They do outsource for their background check. That company is a little intense. Overall, be ready with your sales pitch and be passionate about education.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Downers Grove, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line; received phone screen invitation via email; Initial phone screen with HR; phone screen with hiring manager; in-person interview with the hiring manager and the marketing director; in-person interview with the VP and Director;

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where someone thought that your data was wrong?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

It was a series of interviews by two people. I was told by the first person who interviewed me to expect a phone call to get me setup for the next interview round and then they would make their decision and contact me with the results.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Quick seamless process from start to finish due to immediate staffing need. Phone interview from HR went well and she painted a realistic picture of the position. Second interview with hiring manager and third interview with panel. Start to finish was less than two weeks but I understand this is not typical. Standard questions. No curveballs.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Submitted resume
    Was emailed from Talent Acquisition to take an online assessment test. The test was math story problems and personality.
    After I took the assessment, I was was contacted via phone and had a mini phone interview. A face to face interview was set up during the phone interview. Interview was two days later. It lasted about 40 mins.
    The following business day, they sent me an email stating they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things others would say about you?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 things you'd say about youself   Answer Question
    • A time where you made a decision but your heart was telling you otherwise   Answer Question
    • After you left high school and your entered the workforce, what were you shocked by?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview first. I was the in an interview with 2 individuals. I was offered the position. I had to do a background check. They also had me do a drug screening.

Director of Community Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had two interviews, over the phone. Then I was asked to come in and interview with the HR Director, Campus President and the National Director of Community Outreach. From there, I went to another location to interview with the Los Angeles Metro President.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase the exposure and posture of the University in the community?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a one-to-one where basic questions were asked about your work history, educational background, strengths, weaknesses, the most interesting project you have ever worked on, what was the biggest set back for you? How well do you take criticisms? What has been your greatest achievement? Where do you see yourself in five years time? What contribution can you bring to the company? What other business do you see yourself in other than the position you are applying for?

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stressful situations? Give an example   Answer Question