DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

It was a series of interviews by two people. I was told by the first person who interviewed me to expect a phone call to get me setup for the next interview round and then they would make their decision and contact me with the results.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Quick seamless process from start to finish due to immediate staffing need. Phone interview from HR went well and she painted a realistic picture of the position. Second interview with hiring manager and third interview with panel. Start to finish was less than two weeks but I understand this is not typical. Standard questions. No curveballs.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Submitted resume
    Was emailed from Talent Acquisition to take an online assessment test. The test was math story problems and personality.
    After I took the assessment, I was was contacted via phone and had a mini phone interview. A face to face interview was set up during the phone interview. Interview was two days later. It lasted about 40 mins.
    The following business day, they sent me an email stating they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things others would say about you?   Answer Question
    • Name 3 things you'd say about youself   Answer Question
    • A time where you made a decision but your heart was telling you otherwise   Answer Question
    • After you left high school and your entered the workforce, what were you shocked by?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview first. I was the in an interview with 2 individuals. I was offered the position. I had to do a background check. They also had me do a drug screening.

Director of Community Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had two interviews, over the phone. Then I was asked to come in and interview with the HR Director, Campus President and the National Director of Community Outreach. From there, I went to another location to interview with the Los Angeles Metro President.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase the exposure and posture of the University in the community?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a one-to-one where basic questions were asked about your work history, educational background, strengths, weaknesses, the most interesting project you have ever worked on, what was the biggest set back for you? How well do you take criticisms? What has been your greatest achievement? Where do you see yourself in five years time? What contribution can you bring to the company? What other business do you see yourself in other than the position you are applying for?

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stressful situations? Give an example   Answer Question

Full-Time Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

The first interview was with two people from the department sat in a room each person asked a question, very stiff, very predictable. The second was with the Manager of that department, much more fluid and easy going.

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume
    After I took the assessment, I was was contacted via phone and had a mini phone interview. A face to face interview was set up three weeks after my first interview because the HR lady never got back to me via Email. After three weeks of playing phone tag, she finally set up an interview for me. She told me that I would hear back whether or not I got the job (Which is one of the reasons why she said the company was so great because they will actually get back to you with an offer or no offer unlike other companies that leave you hanging. I then had the in person interview with two people for 60 minutes and they told me they would get back to me with a job offer or let me know that I would not receive an offer because they're nice like that... Its been two months since the interview and I have not heard anything back from them. So, they straight up lied to my face. I tried contacting them and heard nothing back.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Heard about the position from a friend who was employed there.
    First call was an over the phone interview.
    After some time, they brought me into their Naperville campus for a meeting with the VP of admissions and another manager. Interview went on for an hour, followed by a brief 1-on-1 with one of the admissions members for some questions.
    Received email about a week later informing me they are not moving on to hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What issues or challenges do you foresee working in this position?   Answer Question

Director, Library ServicesDirector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went in and had a roundtable interview with people from all departments. They asked questions on background experience, their expectations, what the future of the library was for a library director. They were open ended questions, not right or wrong, but honest. It was very comfortable, like a graduate seminar.

Interview Questions

• We discussed educational philosophy for adult learners and how library skill sets were equal to the outcome. There were not any questions that were banal. The roundtable was very serious and professional. After the interview, met with president of campus who asked questions on the administrative qualifications and the overview of the campus and company.   1 Answer