DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Paramus, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

20 Min sit down to explain requirements. Being able to tutor every course and or sub part for your major. Maintain a 3.5 GPA. Get an A in each course thereby qualifying you to tutor that course to all new students in that field or similar interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? What is your major?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews, wonderlic, and in person interview. The usual sales type questions/interviews. The live interview was with campus director & director of career services. One interview by phone with district manager was while he was driving, so that was a bit distracting.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your stress at work?   1 Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a great interview process, but be prepared for the several round of interviews. It took about a month to complete all four interviews, and then another 2 weeks to start the job. It is best to apply if you are currently unemployed, and have the time available. A recruiter calls you first for a phone interview, if you pass, you will take an assessment online, and then you will get a call the next day to schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager. Depending on the position you're applying for then you have an interview with the president of the university, and last another phone or in person interview with another director. Everyone is very pleasant and outgoing, and they guide you on the process along the way. Some questions are character based, but very straight forward. They are not hard, but require you to fully answer with examples and anecdotes on past employments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First you apply online take a small text really hard after that human resource calls you ask questions make sure you are flexible with time they will make you rotate shifts and they want you to be flexible they might l tell you 3 shifts but you will get the shift that they want to give you . After the phone interview is fave to face interview very easy just be flexible with time and you'll do good make sure you bring resume to interview don't want to make a bad impression with no resume

Interview Questions

• What would you do differ in a certain annexation   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

lengthy process-first resume and application, then a call from a recruiter following a phone interview, then an interview with the admissions manager, then an interview with the president (if the first two go well). After all of this- it still took another month before starting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Rego Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week from a recruiter on the phone. He was so nice and eager and made me want the job even more than when I applied for it. He told me I had to complete an online assessment (which was seemingly very hard) and he would pass my resume onto the next step and I was excited. Within a week I got a call from another recruiter to sent up an in person interview with the Dean of the Devry campus in Rego park. I set up the interview in a the same week and got a call back 2 days later from the same recruiter saying that the Dean asked her to reschedule because she was no longer available, I thought that was very unprofessional yet I agreed and changed the interview. I went into the building the following week all smiles, dressed very professionally. I arrived a half and hour early, yet i still had to wait a hour and a half. After waiting for a hour and a half another employee gave me a tour of where I would potentially be working, although it seemed very boring I was still very interested. The employee then took me back to the waiting room where I waited ANOTHER 30 minutes. Finally the Dean came out and took me into her office. She didn't seem to have any solid questions and just made things up as they went. She scribbled on the back of my resume which brought me to realize this was not a structured interview. I figured she already had a candidate in mind that she wanted to hire because at the end she said "well I'm done with all interviews now.. heres my card" as if dismissing me. I've never had a terrible interview but this just seemed to be very unorganized and all over the place. Everything does happen for a reason!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Rego Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from an HR rep after 2 or 3 weeks. HR rep wanted to know my work history, and why I applied for this position. HR rep said that I would be contacted about a face to face interview after I completed an online assessment.

The online assessment asked about how I would handle certain work situations. It also asked questions like, "If a train leaves Chicago at 1pm traveling at a speed of 20 miles an hour, how long would it take to get to NYC" and, "Mary works 9 to 5, and Jim works until midnight. Everyone in shipping works past 5pm, which department does Mary not work in".

HR rep called me back in a few days asking if I received an email about the face to face interview, I did not, and she immediately got the HR coordinator to get back to me.

At the face to face meet 1st with the other Operations Support Coordinator who told me what the day to day position is like. Then met with the Center Dean. She asked questions about how I handle different situations, asked if I had any questions. Entire process lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you went out of your way to help someone and it did not work out.   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in August 2015.

Interview

First step in the hiring process was an online assessment, followed by an phone interview, then 3 on site interviews. Everyone I met with was very nice and candid about the fast paced work environment and company culture.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

This was a long time ago and I don't remember all the details. The face to face interview took about one hour. I came there through a temp agency and was hired permanently after several months as a temp.

Interview Questions

• They were primarily looking for someone with Power Point knowledge for a specific task so there were many questions around that particular software.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

It was internal because I already worked there. You met with other DOA's first then the Deans. The final meeting was with the VP of enrollment. At the end of the day you have the job before you even interview for it so unless you totally tank the meetings you have you're in. If you do your job well then the opportunities will open up and/or they'll ask you to interview. I don't know if they still do this but I was an Assistant Director so I was getting coaching on how to be a DOA for months prior.

Interview Questions

• They focus on how you plan to manage the team to drive activity and productivity. There are a few HR scenarios that were thrown in to make sure you knew what you were talking about. It's all about making sure your team hits it's numbers and as a sales manager you need to demonstrate that you're capable to making that happen.   Answer Question