DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume
    Was emailed from Talent Acquisition to take an online assessment test. The test was math story problems and personality.
    After I took the assessment, I was was contacted via phone and had a mini phone interview. A face to face interview was set up three weeks after my first interview because the HR lady never got back to me via Email. After three weeks of playing phone tag, she finally set up an interview for me. She told me that I would hear back whether or not I got the job (Which is one of the reasons why she said the company was so great because they will actually get back to you with an offer or no offer unlike other companies that leave you hanging. I then had the in person interview with two people for 60 minutes and they told me they would get back to me with a job offer or let me know that I would not receive an offer because they're nice like that... Its been two months since the interview and I have not heard anything back from them. So, they straight up lied to my face. I tried contacting them and heard nothing back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Heard about the position from a friend who was employed there.
    First call was an over the phone interview.
    After some time, they brought me into their Naperville campus for a meeting with the VP of admissions and another manager. Interview went on for an hour, followed by a brief 1-on-1 with one of the admissions members for some questions.
    Received email about a week later informing me they are not moving on to hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What issues or challenges do you foresee working in this position?   Answer Question

Director, Library ServicesDirector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went in and had a roundtable interview with people from all departments. They asked questions on background experience, their expectations, what the future of the library was for a library director. They were open ended questions, not right or wrong, but honest. It was very comfortable, like a graduate seminar.

Interview Questions

• We discussed educational philosophy for adult learners and how library skill sets were equal to the outcome. There were not any questions that were banal. The roundtable was very serious and professional. After the interview, met with president of campus who asked questions on the administrative qualifications and the overview of the campus and company.   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Hiring process was very long (almost 2 months) in my particular case because there was a role change in leadership.

Phone interview
    Standardized testing: 2 Examinations
    In-Person interview
    Phone interview
    In-Person interview

During the process the HR Generalist was very open and up-front and let me know I'd be moving forward after each interview.
    Offer was given 1 week later.
    Extensive background check
    No drug test, started 2 weeks after I accepted the offer.
    God bless and good luck to you all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to go against a manager's decision? if so, explain? if not, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, pay is fairly decent for this role and area.

Interview

It was average basic questions, nothing really major, I had a phone interview first then I was sent for one interview and then got another interview elsewhere then you have to fI'll out all paper work and start after two weeks of getting your hire letter

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter and had a phone interview that lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview covered previous work history as well as several behavioral questions that required specific examples. Called for a second in-person interview with the Admissions Director. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and included behavioral based questions as well as how well you would handle objections. Got a feeling that this was a high-pressure sales environment. Was called a week after my in-person interview and was told that they were restructuring internally and that the position would be filled in that manner. Was told I did very well in both interviews and I would be kept in the pipeline for future openings.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to admit a mistake to a client/customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Veteran Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was informal, the interviewer was interested in my personal skills and understanding of responsibilities. They where also concern with my veteran status since the position was for veteran specialist.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with V.A assistance programs and practices?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Started out with large group information sessions and whittled down to individual interview. It was an average interview experience for a university admissions position. They are looking for sales abilities.

Student Aid Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Easy questions on how to handle the chain of command. Easy situational questions on how you would handle a student or professor. Very basic stuff. No experience needed. The position was for the IT department. Just need to show interest in the position and possible learning opportunities. And it was very flexible with class schedule.
    Employee referred me to opportunity, received a phone call within a week just asking if I was still interested and when I could come in, and an in person interview 2 days after the phone call. Offered the job about a week after that. Very simple process.

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Paramus, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

20 Min sit down to explain requirements. Being able to tutor every course and or sub part for your major. Maintain a 3.5 GPA. Get an A in each course thereby qualifying you to tutor that course to all new students in that field or similar interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? What is your major?   1 Answer