DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Rego Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a week from a recruiter on the phone. He was so nice and eager and made me want the job even more than when I applied for it. He told me I had to complete an online assessment (which was seemingly very hard) and he would pass my resume onto the next step and I was excited. Within a week I got a call from another recruiter to sent up an in person interview with the Dean of the Devry campus in Rego park. I set up the interview in a the same week and got a call back 2 days later from the same recruiter saying that the Dean asked her to reschedule because she was no longer available, I thought that was very unprofessional yet I agreed and changed the interview. I went into the building the following week all smiles, dressed very professionally. I arrived a half and hour early, yet i still had to wait a hour and a half. After waiting for a hour and a half another employee gave me a tour of where I would potentially be working, although it seemed very boring I was still very interested. The employee then took me back to the waiting room where I waited ANOTHER 30 minutes. Finally the Dean came out and took me into her office. She didn't seem to have any solid questions and just made things up as they went. She scribbled on the back of my resume which brought me to realize this was not a structured interview. I figured she already had a candidate in mind that she wanted to hire because at the end she said "well I'm done with all interviews now.. heres my card" as if dismissing me. I've never had a terrible interview but this just seemed to be very unorganized and all over the place. Everything does happen for a reason!

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Rego Park, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from an HR rep after 2 or 3 weeks. HR rep wanted to know my work history, and why I applied for this position. HR rep said that I would be contacted about a face to face interview after I completed an online assessment.

The online assessment asked about how I would handle certain work situations. It also asked questions like, "If a train leaves Chicago at 1pm traveling at a speed of 20 miles an hour, how long would it take to get to NYC" and, "Mary works 9 to 5, and Jim works until midnight. Everyone in shipping works past 5pm, which department does Mary not work in".

HR rep called me back in a few days asking if I received an email about the face to face interview, I did not, and she immediately got the HR coordinator to get back to me.

At the face to face meet 1st with the other Operations Support Coordinator who told me what the day to day position is like. Then met with the Center Dean. She asked questions about how I handle different situations, asked if I had any questions. Entire process lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you went out of your way to help someone and it did not work out.   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in August 2015.

Interview

First step in the hiring process was an online assessment, followed by an phone interview, then 3 on site interviews. Everyone I met with was very nice and candid about the fast paced work environment and company culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

It was internal because I already worked there. You met with other DOA's first then the Deans. The final meeting was with the VP of enrollment. At the end of the day you have the job before you even interview for it so unless you totally tank the meetings you have you're in. If you do your job well then the opportunities will open up and/or they'll ask you to interview. I don't know if they still do this but I was an Assistant Director so I was getting coaching on how to be a DOA for months prior.

Interview Questions

• They focus on how you plan to manage the team to drive activity and productivity. There are a few HR scenarios that were thrown in to make sure you knew what you were talking about. It's all about making sure your team hits it's numbers and as a sales manager you need to demonstrate that you're capable to making that happen.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

This was a long time ago and I don't remember all the details. The face to face interview took about one hour. I came there through a temp agency and was hired permanently after several months as a temp.

Interview Questions

• They were primarily looking for someone with Power Point knowledge for a specific task so there were many questions around that particular software.   1 Answer

Interview

It was calm and friendly. Boss told me what the position was about and asked me questions to access my qualifications. I didn't feel pressure. The environment in the interview room made suspect that my boss may be an easy going person to work for

Career Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

Phone screening, initial interview with Department Director, presentation on interview skills. The interview was informal and it was good to meet various people from the Department and Student Services

Interview Questions

• How to get students involved with Career Services   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

got a call to answer some questions, was told I would be inform of next steps to follow, after a week I called back, was told they got a different person handling the hiring and didn't know who had done what

Interview Questions

• Questions were repeated for second recruiter, total waste of time as job was offered when skills, experience, and requirements were matched 100%, gave bogus excuses   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. A few Assessment. In person interview with 2 people. The recruiter first reach out to me via phone, he was a very nice guy. He talked about the company, pay, benefits, expectations and set up my assessments. After completing assessment set up my interview with Director of admissions and assistant director of admission.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll do good in this role?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Very in-depth and behavior-based questions that requires the applicant to provide specific examples of how to deal with conflict and their views about service. Requires a phone screen, face-to-face department manager interview, and assessment testing.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a difficult conversation you had with a client and how you were able to overcome concerns.   Answer Question
    • Explain why your feel that you would be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question