DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

VERY SMOOTH, INFORMAL. Interviewer was a very thorough, professional but very relaxed and approachable. Overall the place, the building, the atmosphere and facilities are top-notch. Only thing, it is not place for long term. No incentive to stick around. I guess they do not want to cultivate that kind of loyalty.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Addison, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Received and email to give the HR rep a call. You have about a 30 minute conversation about why you would be a good fit, sales positions you had, customer service positions you had. Then they go over benefits and their standard pay that is non negotiable. Then you get called into a interview with the Director and an Assistant Director.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you over come it?   1 Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University (Decatur, GA).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted by HR and set up with a phone interview time. I then was asked to complete an online assessment and come in for a face to face interview. The interview went well, I believe. They said they would be in touch within a few weeks. After some time had passed I contacted them and was told a decision would be made that week. Two weeks late I contacted them again and asked for an update and was ignored completely. I have still not heard back and I must say I am very disappointed. Even if they chose someone else I would have expected to have been told. I think Devry would have been a great place to be!

Interview Questions

• Questions were very natural and the interview was conversational. I felt well prepared and thought they liked my answers.   Answer Question

Practicum Coordinator Interview

Interview

I had to take an assessment test, then I had tow interviews with the Manager and then the Director of student Services.. It took 2 -3 weeks for all that to happen and to get hired

Negotiation

Good

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University in November 2014.

Interview

Received an email from HR Rep our of Home Office in Chicago, scheduled phone interview with HR Rep, moved on to in-person interview onsite, then had phone interview with President of Metro. Overall took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good admissions advisor.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The position in it self seemed pretty average, was interviewed by at least 3 people all seemed to ask the same questions just a bit different. Mostly talked about their roles and what they expected of the assistant. Once interview was over I was given an online assessment on basic questions such as If I had ever stolen from an employer, if I would ever tell on someone that was stealing and things of that nature. I remember there being a small math portion but nothing a calculator could not help out with.

Interview Questions

• How would I communicate with a team member and what outlets would I use to do so.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Submitted resume to a recruiter, and was sent an e-mail to complete two assessments - one was a quantitative reasoning assessment, and the the other was a "judgment" assessment. I was informed by the recruiter on the same day that I completed the assessments that, while I did extremely well on the quantitative reasoning assessment, I did not meet requirements on the "judgment" assessment, and I was given best wishes in my job search. I wasn't even told WHY or HOW I didn't meet requirements. I assume that one has to have a certain type of temperament or belief system to even be called in for an interview, and I suppose that mine just didn't fit, which is a shame, as I enjoy helping people and I have loads of experience in proprietary education.

Interview Questions

• Didn't even get to the in-person interview step, so I don't have any questions to post.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and they required a philosophy of teaching and a vision and values statement. They pay $1500 a course and only pay when the course is over. They wasted my time because the first two interviews said nothing about me having never taught online being problematic. The final interview was courteous, but once she learned that i never taught on line she finished the interview quickly. I hate companies that waste my valuable time.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University in July 2014.

Interview

It took my department two month to call me in for an interview. Another month to accept me as a new hire. I was trained in a few weeks and left on my own for the duration of my shift. There is potential for wage increase from the federal minimum but any one rarely gets it.

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (North Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I was first interviewed for the position of a tutor. After working as a tutor for two weeks, my manager forwarded my resume to the Chair of the developmental English department. I was then interviewed by her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was good and I accepted it.