DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.7

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

got a call to answer some questions, was told I would be inform of next steps to follow, after a week I called back, was told they got a different person handling the hiring and didn't know who had done what

Interview Questions

• Questions were repeated for second recruiter, total waste of time as job was offered when skills, experience, and requirements were matched 100%, gave bogus excuses   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. A few Assessment. In person interview with 2 people. The recruiter first reach out to me via phone, he was a very nice guy. He talked about the company, pay, benefits, expectations and set up my assessments. After completing assessment set up my interview with Director of admissions and assistant director of admission.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll do good in this role?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Very in-depth and behavior-based questions that requires the applicant to provide specific examples of how to deal with conflict and their views about service. Requires a phone screen, face-to-face department manager interview, and assessment testing.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a difficult conversation you had with a client and how you were able to overcome concerns.   Answer Question
    • Explain why your feel that you would be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeVry University (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I came recommended from a highly respected Statistics professor while attending Devry University.
    The interview for me was more of a get to know me and here is what you will be doing conversation.

Interview Questions

• What subjects do you know well enough to tutor?   1 Answer

Director of Career Services Interview

Interview

Very organized and informational. Multiple step process with phone screenings and in person opportunities.

Be prepared to discuss your resume in full detail as well as know information concerning the company. Do you homework in advance so that you can answer any questions regarding the current status on the entire education group. Be sure to also have multiple questions ready to go for each interviewer throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Direct, informational and extremely relevant.

On point with job description posted online.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with DeVry was drawn out and a waste of time. They led me on for months and then denied me with a generic email stating that they went with another candidate. After a great interview (in my opinion) they took forever to make any progress with their hiring, despite telling me that I was a top contender for the position. After several emails and calls back and forth, they finally gave me the bad news. I wish it didn't take three months for them to come to that decision. Very unprofessional. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't get the job. Working for them must be a similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions. Where do you see yourself in five years? etc.   Answer Question

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a bit lengthy in my opinion. Could have been quicker. It took about a month to get everything taken care of. I have phone interview, then moved onto in person and the decision took some time too.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? How do you fit into this role?   Answer Question

International Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was quite prepared. I was interviewed by the Campus President and the Associate Dean. I had come in with a few ideas to help them increase International Students involvement.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have to increase retention rate of International students?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

VERY SMOOTH, INFORMAL. Interviewer was a very thorough, professional but very relaxed and approachable. Overall the place, the building, the atmosphere and facilities are top-notch. Only thing, it is not place for long term. No incentive to stick around. I guess they do not want to cultivate that kind of loyalty.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Addison, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Received and email to give the HR rep a call. You have about a 30 minute conversation about why you would be a good fit, sales positions you had, customer service positions you had. Then they go over benefits and their standard pay that is non negotiable. Then you get called into a interview with the Director and an Assistant Director.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you over come it?   1 Answer