Deakin University Lecturer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deakin University

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lecturer Interview

Interview

I applied online and interviewed via phone. awful experience!!! They were in a rush. They called me 20 mins before the scheduled time because they finished another interview earlier?! I am overseas. don't know if that's the problem. I could hardly hear what they were saying. it was like they conducted the interview in a football stadium with all the noise around!

Interview Questions

• I could hardly hear what they were saying. based on a few keywords, it sounds standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deakin University

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burwood, New South Wales (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deakin University (Burwood, New South Wales (Australia)) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was pleasant and consisted of a panel interview via phone. The selection committee made me feel at ease and were happy to answer any questions. The interview was well structured and coordinated and kept to time. The committee stressed the flexibility of the work culture and their emphasis on work/life balance.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deakin University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2009.

Interview

Pretty standard process. They short listed the applicants and followed up with a phone interview. The interview was focused on skills and how you want to progress research. I got an offer within 30 days after the interview. It surprised me that I only had to do the phone interview. I was living overseas, so they may not have had the budget to fly people in. It tells me though that they are pretty skill driven, rather than behavioural driven

Interview Questions

• The interview was very predictable. No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. They have set levels of pay.