Dealer Tire Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Dealer Tire Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

2.5

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard with applying online followed by a phone conversation with HR, phone conversation with the Director of Analytics and a technical test. After that o was flown out to Ohio to for a round of in person interviews and lunch. They also thoroughly reviewed the technical test in person and made that an important part of the decision. The decision was made by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• The technical test required some data cleaning and a little bit of thinking to present the ideas clearly but nothing someone in the Data Science field shouldn't be able to handle. They review the technical test thoroughly to understand your logic and ability to present ideas.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst - LONG REVIEW BUT PLEASE READ! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process is about 5 hours long which includes a take home simulation which must be prepared ahead of time. Four interviews are conducted by different members within the organization, each lasting about 45 minutes. I will start out by saying that HR is very friendly in showing around the facility and how many of the groups operate what some of the day-to-day functions are like.

During the first interview, things turned sour. The interviewer wasn't friendly to begin with and seemed to shuffle me in to his office - you could tell I was inconveniencing his Monday morning. My interviewer (who I will not mention name or title), started falling asleep within the first 15 minutes of my interview. I was in the middle of answer one of his questions and his eyes started to slowly sink down as if he was falling asleep, then just before he appeared to doze off they immediately shot up again. I found this very unprofessional and was very thrown off by this. This happened a second time during my same interview with about 5 minutes remaining again! Very unprofessional and very disappointing...I have never seen a person so disengaged during an interview process. If you don't believe me, I would highly recommend you review the Distribution Manger's interview review on February 25th, as he/she had the same experience. Some of his questions were challenging, but they were good questions.

During the remaining interviews, I was questioned about KPIs from prior positions, different experiences within coworkers and how I was able to influence decisions and forecasting decisions.

Honestly, after the first interview, I was really thrown off thrown off during my next interview, so I had a hard time focusing during my next interview. The last two interviews were relatively smooth, though it is a long process after four hours.

After the company serves you a complimentary lunch (which is very good, mind you), you are to present the simulation which was given to you a week in advance. I worked on my simulation for about 25 hours and asked a couple of questions prior to the interview to clear up a few line item issues. Other than that, the expectation was to make assumptions, do some analysis, make a recommendation and then present how you influence the company to utilize the key metrics within the organization. My approach was to make it feel like a team/company meeting not a job interview and answer each question asked like a test so it would feel more natural. I incorporated my answers throughout the presentation and there were few questions at the end. When I was notified several days later by HR that I wasn't offered the position, because my simulation didn't answer the questions, I explained my strategy. Basically, you are better off just answering the questions directly. Don't bother trying to show how you would present during a normal team meeting, that doesn't seem to factor in at all.

My best advice to someone interviewing at Dealer Tire - read the reviews from past interviewers and employees and base your questions on those reviews. Ask about the culture and the way meetings are run at the company. I asked one of my interviewers about the collaboration within the company and was told straight up that there is a lack of collaboration within the organization - a confirmation of many reviews here. These aren't lies on here, but ask as much as possible about what is going on at Dealer. I believe some people want to see the company move forward, but there are clearly many people who are not ready for new ideas or change.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you had with a superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

If I Provide This I Will Lose Anonymity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Typical. Very bland, generic and non-unique. If you look up basic and general HR interview questions online you will be fully prepared, at least to get you into another interview with the specific group you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I don't remember what was specifically asked.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a generic HR phone interview that was very pleasant. Conversation involved my background as a BA/Consultant and how it might contribute to the growth of their staff within IT. They followed this up with an interview with the hiring manager and a senior BA. The questions in this phase were perfect softballs, right over the plate.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite aspect of being a BA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went through a staffing agency and the rate was already set. I wouldn't recommend interviewing for a BA role with Dealer Tire, however, as the job was completely different from what they advertised.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough well run process. Cross functional interviews were detailed. Interviewers did not rush the process. All functions the position would interact with were well represented. Follow-up to the process was conducted in a timely manner as they promised. Ensure you are well prepared with questions and research on the company before the on site interviews.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Common interview questions. Ran a simulation and had a group interview. Initial phone screen conducted by HR. Seemed messy and disorganized. Brought in seemingly unrelated people for the group interview. Had people judging the simulation that had never seen it before.

Interview Questions

• Pretty common place. Company does not have a sophisticated selection process. Simulation was probably the most difficult thing.   Answer Question

Company reputation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Fairly quick. Just a few interviews. Some panel, some one on one. Lots of behavioral questions, but nothing difficult. They basically tell you what they want to hear in the way they ask the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Through HR, unflexible.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Dealer Tire has a very thorough interview process, as others have indicated. This interview consisted of a 30 minute phone screen, two hour on site interview split into two 1 hour sessions, a follow up 1 hour interview, a project simulation, and finally a 3 hour interview and presentation of the simulation.

The overall facility in Cleveland was very impressive. The Mueller's and partners have done an excellent job at laying out a workplace that today’s young / mid-level professionals can look forward to going to every day. There were several casual work areas as well as conference rooms, art work throughout the building, and even a massive operations / data room with real time updates of KPI’s.

The team that I interviewed with was very professional and laid back. None of the interviews made me feel uncomfortable or stressed. I think this speaks well to the culture at Dealer Tire, it seemed pretty laid back. All communication from the HR team lead was very straightforward and consistent with what they did. Overall I think Dealer Tire did a very good job explaining what the company has to offer as well as what the responsibilities for the Inventory Manager position are.

The interview process itself was rather typical with one significant exception. The vast majority of the time I spent was getting to know most of the team I would be interacting with on a day to day basis, both peers, superiors, and the partner level. The questions were focused around discussing my resume and a few behavioral questions. What was very different, and very fun, was the simulation. As part of my final interview I was provided a sample data set of a typical business problem related to the role, much like a case study at B school. I was given approximately a week to analyze the data, develop a plan of actions to address concerns, and put together a presentation. In my final interview I gave a 30 minute presentation and answered any questions the team had.

Overall, I was very impressed with Dealer Tire. They have a lot of things going for them, a good culture, a great location (from my perspective) and plenty of growth.

Interview Questions

• How would your current employees describe you? How would your current manager describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you tried to accomplish something a failed.   Answer Question

I declined the offer for a few reasons:

1.) I didn't get a strong feeling of career progression beyond the current role, or programs in place to develop individuals. As a growing company, I am sure Dealer Tire has plenty of opportunities for career development. However, this was one area that appears it Dealer Tire didn’t present itself as well as I expected given their size.

2.) The role I was offered did not appear to be as significant an opportunity as I had perceived going into the process. This is not to say it was not a great opportunity, it was, however it was not a substantial enough change in responsibilities / scope to warrant leaving my current employer. I would consider other future opportunities with Dealer Tire, it seemed to be a good company.

3.) The benefits package was on the low side. I would have expected about 30% more vacation and about 3% total match from their 401K program. The insurance offered seemed reasonable, but no HDHP was offered which was disappointing.

Senior Pricing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews with HR, hiring manager and potential colleagues. In person interviews with HR, hiring manager and cross functional management representatives. They will try to access if you might be a fit for another role during the process or add interviewers if they are unsure about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interviewing. Biggest weakness, strength, tell me about a difficult problem or person.   Answer Question

Field Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer Tire (Cleveland, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Very extensive - 2 phone interviews, an in person interview and a presentation.