Dealer.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dealer.com

2.8

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, asked easy questions and some of the staff in the interview didn't seem very interested in what was going on, like my interview was a burden to them

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in January 2014.

Interview

First they call you with a phone screen. Then later follow up with an email for a programming homework. My programming homework was two parts in java:
    1) do palindrome detection
    2) read a file of <key, value> pairs per line and then sum the values, for the same key, and print them out.

After you send that in you'll get a "1st" on site interview. On site it was some chatting then asked to do a coding problem on a laptop someone gives you. It'll be a mac. I am not a mac person, and wasn't familiar with the keyboard or the editor. I suggest you do the whole thing on the white board, if you have similar problems. They want it in java, but pseudo code was fine.

They asked me to to traverse an n-ary tree, and print it out. I probably should have suggested that when I print it out I build some html or tree type widget with + for opening - for closing type thing, to make it easier for the user to see the structure.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in February 2016.

Interview

I was a rehire, so the interview process was a lot different. I wasn't grilled with the tough technical questions, because they already had information about my employment there. Instead, the questioning was geared toward what I had been working on since I left, what new skills I'd acquired and what role I saw myself fitting in.

Interview Questions

• Why are you coming back to Dealer.com?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer.com in July 2012.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. Simple coding exercise, live coding exercise, and an in-person technical talking. None of it was overly tricky, it was clear that the importance fell upon talking through the solution I came up with to their questions and gaining an understanding of my thought process than the knowledge of the algorithms themselves.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions where simple algorithms, read from a file, do a count. In-person coding was some core college concepts; huffman coding, recusion, etc.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer.com in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the recruiters and then they sent a 4-hour hackerrank test to do in a week. My implementation passed all the tests on hackerrank and then I didn't hear anything for over a week. When I finally reached out to the recruiter to find out what had happened with my application they said I had not been selected to move forward.

In my mind if I passed the test I should've at least had the opportunity to speak with an actual engineer over the phone to see if I had what it takes or, at the very least, been notified that I wasn't selected when they decided not to move forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• Find whether each string in a list of strings is a palindrome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then they gave me a week to do hacker rank test. My code passed all the hacker rank unit tests, but I didn't get an interview. They didn't tell me what was wrong or give me a chance to fix it. The funny thing was I also applied for a javascript developer and it was the same test as the java test. I rank this negative because I'm of the opinion if you give someone a test and they pass the test then they should at least get an interview. This also wouldn't have been the last test. They would have another test after this one.

Java Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, was contacted by the recruiter after 2-3 days to schedule an initial phone screen. The non-technical phone screen was just "getting to know you" call, where I was asked about my interests and past experiences. The same day, I was given a take-home assignment to solve, where the questions were: 1) Given (key, count) file, sum up all counts for every key 2) Detect if a given string is a palindrome. I was given a week to solve these, and after I submitted, I was asked to write Junit test cases for the same.
    A week later, I was scheduled for a video interview (on Hangout).
    One Sr. Developer and an Architect conducted the interview. Right off the bat, they asked me to give them my 'Elevator Pitch'. Then, they asked about my background, work exp. and projects. Next was the coding question, where given an n-ary tree, was asked to output the contents in a format which is easy to read (Hint: Directory structure in Windows). I started working through the solution, with some hints and discussion. After I wrote the code, was asked to enhance the appearance of the output with tabs/spaces. Although, halfway through that they asked me to wrap it up. Then, I was given a chance to ask them a few questions.
    A day later I was informed that I had performed below par on the coding question, and hence they are not continuing with the process.
    Overall, the experience was very good, especially the recruiter was very helpful (he spoke to me a couple days before the interview and gave me a crash course on do's and don't s, which was nice).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com.

Interview

1. HR forwarded a document with two questions. One is on palindrome and the other one is a key count problem which involves reading text from a text file and counting the value.
    2. Two rounds of technical phone skype interview. Question on N-ary Trees, fibonacci recursion.
    3. Onsite interview with 4 technical rounds and a lunch with manager.
      a. Minimum stack problem.
      b. Given two tables and was asked to write couple of sql queries for different scenarios.
      c. Given millions of unsorted words on different memory components and was asked to sort them in dictionary format with out using additional memory.
     d. Explain how an internet works with a lot of follow up questions.
     e. Finally a design question with states that there are 10 different processing components which are interconnected (there is central processing component), a list of tasks is available in a queue and components in this network should complete the available tasks, non of the tasks should be left incomplete or ignored, also there is nothing like a multi broadcast thing available, no two components can work on same task.
     f. Couple of general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer in a convenient location.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty long but pretty enjoyable. I've been contacted by a recruiter, was sent the same small exercise with Palindrome as people below. Then, I had an interview with two developers just to get an idea of your level, ask a few more basic problems and to answer questions about the company. I was then called in for a technical interview and interviews with a few levels of management. The technical interviewers were very easy going and most of the interview involved technology discussions as well as a few design problems. Management panel interview wanted to get an overview of your career, your successes and your failures and what your objectives are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked for a number, negotiated over it a few things but overall in a pretty friendly atmosphere where everyone was looking for a win-win situation.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT).

Interview

Easy process. Not much to get panic. Interviewer helps to get to right solution in case you don't get one. approach matters.Recruiter might take weeks to reply in some cases. So just keep follow up. Later if you clear video interview, you will be invited for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a square inside a square using css html   1 Answer