Dealer.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dealer.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer.com in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the recruiters and then they sent a 4-hour hackerrank test to do in a week. My implementation passed all the tests on hackerrank and then I didn't hear anything for over a week. When I finally reached out to the recruiter to find out what had happened with my application they said I had not been selected to move forward.

In my mind if I passed the test I should've at least had the opportunity to speak with an actual engineer over the phone to see if I had what it takes or, at the very least, been notified that I wasn't selected when they decided not to move forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• Find whether each string in a list of strings is a palindrome.   1 Answer

Digital Campaign Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealer.com in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a day later I received an email from recruiter asking to set up a brief phone screen. The next morning I received an email saying they were going with another candidate. They were very timely and polite, keeping me in the loop during the whole process which I really appreciated!

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your previous internship?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dealer.com.

Interview

I was part of an merger, so I just had a quick phone interview to see what I already knew and current job responsibilities. Also discussed current pay and PTO

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied shortly after the position posted, so it took a couple of weeks to get an offer for a phone interview. The phone interview was given by 3 people in a conference room. By the end of the week, I received an invitation for an on-site interview, which was given by 5 people after a warm reception. The interview took place around a table and had a very down-to-earth feel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it. (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Strategic Business Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com in April 2017.

Interview

The process lasted three weeks. I applied through the online portal and had two rounds of interviews. The questions they asked were the typical questions you'd expect for this type of job.

Advertising Strategist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealer.com in January 2017.

Interview

I was not a fan of the interview panel for this position. Not only did they seem unprepared, but later received feedback that they did not like the fact they felt like they were being interviewed as well. I got the feeling that some of the management here were inexperienced and weren't sure how to run an interview. If they weren't happy that I asked questions, then perhaps this isn't a place I want to work for.

The process is fairly simple...a basic phone screen, then a 30 min. call with the hiring manager followed by an in person panel interview.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I interviewed November, 2016. The team consisted of five people that included Compliance staff members and the hiring manager; smart and engaged group of people who were very courteous in answering my numerous questions about the job. I was able to dress casually for the interview, which was a nice change.

After the interview I received and completed a test/assignment that involved going through a website disapproval and documenting what needed to be fixed on the site.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then they gave me a week to do hacker rank test. My code passed all the hacker rank unit tests, but I didn't get an interview. They didn't tell me what was wrong or give me a chance to fix it. The funny thing was I also applied for a javascript developer and it was the same test as the java test. I rank this negative because I'm of the opinion if you give someone a test and they pass the test then they should at least get an interview. This also wouldn't have been the last test. They would have another test after this one.

Digital Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from HR two months later saying they wanted an interview. Interviewed with three managers, all of whom were very laid back and easy to talk to. Asked a fair amount of behavioral questions, and wanted to know specifically how your work experience applies to working at Dealer.com

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to step back and not be in a leadership role   Answer Question

Digital Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Mission, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

On-site interview. Around 45 mins. Great conversation flow and really nice building. Phone interview Monday, in person interview that Thursday, offer received that Friday. So, very quick turnaround. Recruiter was super friendly and actually cheered for me when she presented the offer!