Dealer.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dealer.com Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.8

Advertising Strategist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealer.com in January 2017.

Interview

I was not a fan of the interview panel for this position. Not only did they seem unprepared, but later received feedback that they did not like the fact they felt like they were being interviewed as well. I got the feeling that some of the management here were inexperienced and weren't sure how to run an interview. If they weren't happy that I asked questions, then perhaps this isn't a place I want to work for.

The process is fairly simple...a basic phone screen, then a 30 min. call with the hiring manager followed by an in person panel interview.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I interviewed November, 2016. The team consisted of five people that included Compliance staff members and the hiring manager; smart and engaged group of people who were very courteous in answering my numerous questions about the job. I was able to dress casually for the interview, which was a nice change.

After the interview I received and completed a test/assignment that involved going through a website disapproval and documenting what needed to be fixed on the site.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then they gave me a week to do hacker rank test. My code passed all the hacker rank unit tests, but I didn't get an interview. They didn't tell me what was wrong or give me a chance to fix it. The funny thing was I also applied for a javascript developer and it was the same test as the java test. I rank this negative because I'm of the opinion if you give someone a test and they pass the test then they should at least get an interview. This also wouldn't have been the last test. They would have another test after this one.

Digital Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from HR two months later saying they wanted an interview. Interviewed with three managers, all of whom were very laid back and easy to talk to. Asked a fair amount of behavioral questions, and wanted to know specifically how your work experience applies to working at Dealer.com

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to step back and not be in a leadership role   Answer Question

Digital Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Mission, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

On-site interview. Around 45 mins. Great conversation flow and really nice building. Phone interview Monday, in person interview that Thursday, offer received that Friday. So, very quick turnaround. Recruiter was super friendly and actually cheered for me when she presented the offer!

Digital Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process seemed to move along pretty quick. I met with three of the members during the first interview. The next day, I was called back and interviewed with 5 members of the team. Overall it was a great experience. I'm happy that I got to meet some of the members prior to starting. It made the transition that much easier!

Interview Questions

• What programs have you specifically worked with in the past?
      How will you use your education to your advantage in this role?
      Tell us a little bit about yourself.
      Answer Question

Digital Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in June 2016.

Interview

Got my resume pushed through to the hiring manager someone I met working at my previous job. Interview was very laid back, not many hard questions, mostly trying to see if you are a good fit for the company. Got my offer within a week, accepted it. Start date was a bit far out though, which was the only negative.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write n email response to a frustrated customer.   Answer Question

Senior Media Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealer.com.

Interview

Got mail from HR with an assignment. I completed an assignment and presented results to hiring manager. Hiring manager was good and listened everything that I have to say. He said they would decide on further steps and will let me know. That was the last time I heard from anybody from this firm. They never got back at me. Never replied to any mail I sent. Very unprofessional.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Edison, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a message from the recruiter on Linkedin. He asked for my background, my interests, my experience and location etc.
    Described the position and the team and what was expected.
    Then I got a test, the same one that they give to every candidate and I feel that I did the best I could. It was Palindrome and Key-count for christ's sake, how can someone mess it up?
    Still got a response saying that I am a bit junior.??
    I've had a job offer from a prestigious company that has the reputation of one of the toughest interviews and I still cleared it but I'm junior for this!
    It's unfortunate that the company is missing out on good candidates like this.

Interview Questions

• The same questions that are already there in the other interview questions, palindrome and key-count and write the test cases as well.   1 Answer

Digital Specialist Interview

Interview

Long. There was a phone interview and 2 in person (group) interviews. But in the end it was a great learning experience. I enjoyed the tour, the time, and the new network I'm part of.