DealerSocket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DealerSocket (San Clemente, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have to say this was one of the worst job interview experiences I've had.

To get to the interview stage, I first had to go through a phone screening. Then a timed online personality and IQ test. Then another IQ test, this time with them watching me take it on Skype.

They scheduled an interview, then canceled and rescheduled. When I got to the interview, the manager appeared to be going through the motions. There was no engagement in the conversation. He didn't appear the least bit interested in what I had to say.

After about 10 minutes, he told me they had an internal candidate they were thinking of hiring, but they "wanted to see what else was out there." Then he said, "Well, I'm done, unless you have any questions."

They never had any intention of hiring me in the first place. The interview process, including the tests and the hour round-trip drive to the interview was a waste of time. They never bothered following up to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions because they were going through the motions.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DealerSocket in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring & interview process is straight forward. The process was done entirely remotely in my case. From resume submittal to confirmation of hire was approximately 30 days. First stage of process focus' on "assessment test" which everyone goes through. They send you information to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions. You take this exam twice, first time un-monitored, second time monitored. Next stage is "in person" over Skype. These questions are specific to your job. I found them pertinent and fair. The final stage is to complete a "take-home" page mock-up. They give you the assets that a designer would typically create and want you to create a responsive page from the mock.

Interview Questions

• Explain component "x" of "system y"? Where x might be a class or id in CSS. This pattern is repeated for the skills indicated as required in the job posting.   Answer Question

Strategic Services, Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Everything is evaluated. No idle words. They want to see how you interact with others. Make sure that you are going to be easy to work with and cool under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Provide a problem you were faced with, how did you provide a solution and did it work?   Answer Question

Corporate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (San Clemente, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email with login information for an online personality and cognitive assessment. After completing, I received another email asking me to write responses to a list of questions. After that, received an email stating that I was overqualified.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new opportunity?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with financial modeling.   Answer Question
    • How often were you responsible for presenting to Management and the Executive Teams?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to present quantitative data to decision makers and were challenged on your recommendation.   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to the table other applicants can't?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DealerSocket.

Interview

Began with a phone interview and then proceeded into 2 aptitude tests. After passing the first one, a monitored one has to be taken in order to verify that you had not cheated. Ended with a final interview before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were typical of what you would normally be asked. Questions about experience and what makes you a right fit.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Draper, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and streamlined. Took a 15 minute test (basically IQ test) online. Came in for an hour and half interview with some engineers. Was asked relevant programming questions. No ridiculous questions because someone read that google asks them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DealerSocket.

Interview

You need to pass a personality and a logic test. Quite a few phone/Skype interviews, about 5-7 before an in-person interview. Interviews assess your personality/work ethic to see if you will make a good fit in the team and at DealerSocket. A few general SQL questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• If you were a professional athlete, what sport would you play?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DealerSocket in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked to take a skills assessment. After I completed it, HR said they needed me to take another assessment with them on Skype while I take it, to make sure I was taking it by myself. Afterwards I was asked to interview in person. I met with the Director and got to know him and the company a bit better. At the end he said I'd hear back soon. I never heard back. I even emailed HR two weeks later asking for an update and did not get a response. HR should be able to respond saying the position is filled if management decides against a candidate but they didn't.

Senior IT Systems Engineer ($100k) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Draper, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line for a Sr. IT Systems Engineer role in Feb/Mar 2016. I received a phone-call from HR in early April, then an e-mail to take a 'Are you going to kill us' Personality Test. The instructions indicated respondents WOULD NOT receive a copy of the results. A possible employer asking you to take a psych test, and not share the results - THAT'S a feel-good moment! I took the 'test' minutes after receiving the invitation. The following morning I sent an e-mail to HR asking for an update. I then received a call from HR a few hours later to schedule an in-person interview for a few days later.

The interview went extremely well (I think?). The interview lasted about 45 minutes and the hiring-manager stated "I like everything about you. You've set the bar very high." and "You're the one to beat!" I was off on a cruise the following week, and the hiring manager was out of town as well, so the timing was perfect. I asked the hiring manager when he expected to make a decision. He said "Not until after you get back." That gave me a LOT of confidence. I did ask if I was replacing someone, etc. I was told there had been 4 Sr. Systems Engineers, and they were down by 2, with no explanation given. HMM.

I followed-up once I returned from the cruise, only to get a "We are not going to pursue you as a candidate." e-mail. I asked for feedback & was told the manager was too busy. Waiting a week and having this on my mind, I asked to be reconsidered, with NO RESPONSE, given.

Dealersocket makes software that helps car-dealerships run their car dealership.
    NOW; What do you think of, in general, when you think of a car dealership/salesman?

YUP THAT'S DEALERSOCKET! REPLACE THE "O" WITH A "U", AND YOU'LL HAVE IT RIGHT!!!

Sales Development Manager (Independent) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Draper, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was ok, they could have done more, they hired a lot of unqualified people too quick. I had an on the phone with the recruiter, went in for the test ad drug test. Finally was able to interview. I sat 1 on 1 with two different people and was offered the jobs on the spot which is good. However i think there should have been more interview for bot the employer and myself