DealerSocket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Draper, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Had to given an online assessment first and then was called in the office for the interview. The office did not have a designated area for the visitors which was a little turn off. I was told to give a test which lasted for 45 mins. and which had questions related to C#

Interview Questions

• The 45 test had questions on multi-threding, flie systems i/o, fibbonacci series and random string operations. After that I was taken for a white board round where I was asked questions on reversing an array of numbers and some SQL on inner joins and left joins. Some basic programming c# concepts were also asked.   Answer Question

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DealerSocket (San Clemente, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was good and fun

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Havent yet

New Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter who sent me a link to take a cognitive test. It is ridiculous that a company will utilize a cognitive test to decide if they want to speak with the candidate or not. They have a lot of difficulty to hire because they are utilizing the wrong methodology to find the right people, but they insist that this cognitive test will help them to hire the best. Absolutely shameful that a company practice this type of prejudice openly. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Read the reviews, they are very conceded.

Interview Questions

• Take the cognitive test, we do not care who you truly are.   1 Answer

New Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DealerSocket.

Interview

This recruiter sent me a text asking if I was still interested, because allegedly they had sent me a follow up email in which I never received. I advised as such, then proceeded to send me an email in which I received, even though it was in spam. The 1st was never in my spam. I should have known this was not going to work out, but I did take assessment, and received another email from recruiter asking about times I would be available for a phone interview, I gave answer within 30 minutes of receiving the email...the next day I follow up to see if she received my email, I get out of office email saying would be in on Monday, Remind you, I got and replied to email on Thursday stating Friday would be great for phone screen...so Monday comes, get reply for phone interview on Wednesday. Tuesday, late afternoon, I get email saying job filled...wow how incompetent can 1 be...sad , then says sorry interview cancelled and ask if I am interested in any other position with the company, I again think well maybe this is a bone they are throwing for the screw up, I reply yes...then get slap in the face email tp go to our career page and look for 1.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DealerSocket in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring & interview process is straight forward. The process was done entirely remotely in my case. From resume submittal to confirmation of hire was approximately 30 days. First stage of process focus' on "assessment test" which everyone goes through. They send you information to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions. You take this exam twice, first time un-monitored, second time monitored. Next stage is "in person" over Skype. These questions are specific to your job. I found them pertinent and fair. The final stage is to complete a "take-home" page mock-up. They give you the assets that a designer would typically create and want you to create a responsive page from the mock.

Interview Questions

• Explain component "x" of "system y"? Where x might be a class or id in CSS. This pattern is repeated for the skills indicated as required in the job posting.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DealerSocket in October 2014.

Interview

The first red flag is the automated emails being sent out encouraging you to take their aptitude test. The second red flag is the aptitude test itself. No successful organization is still wasting time and money on these things. Every position with this company requires it, you will not be notified of the results, and every subsequent application you submit will be automatically rejected based on those results.

Interview Questions

• Please take this exam in order to determine your suitability   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DealerSocket.

Interview

Began with a phone interview and then proceeded into 2 aptitude tests. After passing the first one, a monitored one has to be taken in order to verify that you had not cheated. Ended with a final interview before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were typical of what you would normally be asked. Questions about experience and what makes you a right fit.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DealerSocket (San Clemente, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was contacted by the recruiter who first had me take a basic assessment test. I later found out that this will become a standard for the company, and if you don't pass it, then you don't go any further in the interview process. This I really like. After I passed it the first time, they require you to take the assessment again supervised, to make sure you're not cheating. The interviewer was considerate enough to do this process over Skype so that I didn't have to take time off just to do the test, which I very much appreciated.

That was followed with a brief phone interview with the recruiter and setting up an in person interview with the person who would be my immediate boss.

Prompt responses and flexible scheduling, the interview was good and to the point. I didn't have to sit around and wait forever. I was told on the spot that I would be brought back for a second interview with the head of the department.

The recruiter contacted me the same day to setup the next interview. Again, flexible scheduling.

Second interview was just as smooth, more of a get to know you than a technically based interview. It was very pleasant.

And I was given an offer that same day. Overall a great experience. They don't waste any time.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your spouse, what is one thing that drives her/him crazy about you, what would it be?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Draper, UT).

Interview

Three step process, you must first apply and not have your application rejected. Next you will take a cognitive test and must pass in the 90th percentile (not difficult if you are educated). If you pass the online test they will ask you to Skype-in or go into their office. After this step they will have you interview with a more-senior staff member and ask general interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were had

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DealerSocket (Provo, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a lengthy interview process that included three interviews and an online test. The test was in IQ style test that apparently is fairly difficult to pass. Once the three interviews were completed the three interviewees decided on if you received and offer.