Dealertrack Entry Level Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Team Lead to discuss the basic requirements for the position and invited me for an interview at their office.

Then I had my first interview at their office on July 17, 2012 with the Team Lead. He asked me few technical questions, 1-2 behavior questions as well and discussed about the company. He told me that he will be conducting a second interview (Panel Interview) and will let me know in 1-2 weeks regarding the same.

The very next day he invited me for a second interview on July 24, 2012. The second interview was supposed to be a Panel Interview but the Senior Manager took the second interview and he repeated the same technical questions, asked me regarding the position I have applied for and asked few behavior questions. Even he told me that they will let me know regarding their hiring decision with 2 weeks.

After 3 days I received an email from them asking for a copy of my Official Transcript, Which I provided them on the very next business day. Then after few days I received an email from them that I was on their shortlist of candidates for consideration and their HR will be contacting me shortly to arrange for the final interview.

On the same day I received an email from the HR for the final interview on August 3, 2012. The interview went well and I was again told that they will update me with their hiring decision within 2 weeks. On August 9, 2012, I received an email from the HR that they are very interested in me blah blah and are awaiting approval on this position from their New York office.

I did not hear back from them after that and on August 16, 2012, I asked for an update on my application to which they replied 'Unfortunately some of our positions have been placed on hold by our NY head office and we are not able to fill them at this time' - August 20. 2012.

Interview Questions

• What design patterns do you know (Singleton, MVC) and what are the benefits of using MVC. Who you should use MVC pattern and some more questions.   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
  • Have you used stored procedure, What is SQL injection and how you can prevent it.   Answer Question
  • What are triggers, views?   Answer Question
  • If you have an integer array with duplicate values, how will you remove the duplicates.   1 Answer