Dealertrack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview process was disappointing and left hanging. Initially I applied and contacted quickly by a recruiter in January. Had phone screen and web interview within the following week. Heard back a few days after web interview that I was moving to the final step. Have been waiting a month. At this point, I don't even know if they are still hiring for the job. Not fair to leave candidates hanging with no timeline. Do not apply if you are actively job searching.

Field Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (West Jordan, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by them for this position. The pay was significantly lower than other field implementation positions. They said they paid overtime which made up for it. I agreed to the phone interview. They want you to travel every week Sun-Fri, only home on Saturdays. It was very unrealistic. I don't mind traveling, but I have a life.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my prior implementation experience   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick Process. Smooth from start to finish. Concise and good communication from recruiters and hiring managers. Always available and easily reachable for questions and concerns at all time despite time gap. Direct in reviews and interviews. Best Interview Process i've ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• What is something you consider a failure in your previous job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

The interview process kicked off with basic questions about my previous work, projects that I have dne, technologies I have chosen, why I have chosen those technologies and few questions on data structures

Interview Questions

• Some questions on Data structures   1 Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

Glassdoor is the perfect tool for this interview process. Yes, it is a lengthy process but worth it. 1st step was a video interview with you recording yourself answering 3 questions. 2nd was a phone screen. 3rd was a panel interview. 4th was me being flown out to Utah in person presentation, accounting assessment and panel interview.

Interview Questions

• If you make it to the in person interview you will have to pick 2 of their core values and explain how you implement them in your personal life.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email asking me to do a video interview, after that was submitted I was called to set up a phone interview. After doing the phone interview I was called for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How I heard about the Job.   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the HR person 2 hours later. The next Monday I was in for an in person interview with a group of people. After the group part I was then individually interviewed. They sent me home and said that they would let me know that evening if they wanted me to come back for a second interview. I was then called proceeded to arrive for the second interview. This one was just like the first day only there were more personal interviews rather than group ones.

Associate Python Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was introduced by a staffing company, and I got a assessment coding challenge. They arranged me a 2-hour technical interview after they evaluated my assessment work. In the technical interview, the process was very straightforward, they gave me coding problems and I had to solve them in the white board.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a string as parameter, return boolean to indicate if there is a duplicated character in the string.   Answer Question
    • Write the same function as previous one, but in shortest lines of code you can do   Answer Question

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Burlington, VT) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful.Guided me with questions to ask to interviewers. Multiple interviews involving white board coding, behavioral and an overview of all technologies you have worked in the past.
    You should be able to answer questions about the technologies worked on in past and major academic projects
    Ask questions to interviewers at the end of the interview
    One round is for object oriented design problem. They will further ask you to elaborate design, make u do changes

Interview Questions

• n-ary tree traversal for coding with slight variations
      Past work experience
      Agile/Scrum process
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a recorded video interview, then phone interview, then live video interview with a panel of 4 people. More than one person I interviewed with told me that I was exactly what they were looking for and had applicable experience, and that they were hiring as many people as they could find for this position, yet I didn't get the final interview at their headquarters.