Dealertrack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Screening interview with recruiter for approximately 30 minutes on phone. Hour long in person interview in South Jordan, UT office with 2 department heads and VP. Mostly standard interview questions but some were different that I had never heard. All 3 interviewers were involved and very professional. This was one of the toughest interviews I've ever done and being interviewed by three was a little intimidating but overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• To self evaluate certain skills and quantify why I gave myself those grades.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a programming assignment. There were a few conditions given . It had to be implemented in Java.I completed the assignment and the code was running perfectly. Still got a reject and there was no reason for rejection.

Interview Questions

• A Programming assignment base on arrays was given.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Burlington, VT) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through the University Career Fair. The interviewer was prompt in calling after submitting the resume. The initial round was a relatively simple take home assignment. Once clearing this round, I had a 90 minute skype interview. The focus was mainly on past projects and data structures. The interviewers really helped and appreciated during the interview process.

After a week, I received a call for Interview at Burlington VT. I had 3 rounds with focus on data structures, object oriented design, behavioral questions and also on previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions of data structures, algorithms, run-time complexity, object oriented design strategies. Be strong on Java concepts.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Burlington, VT) in October 2016.

Interview

talk to the recruiter. then coding exercise and 90 minutes video interview. The coding exercise is based on key-value mapping,palindrome. The video interview is based on recursion problem. The interviewers are friendly. They asked several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The coding exercise is based on key-value mapping,palindrome. The video interview is based on recursion problem.   1 Answer

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Burlington, VT) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful.Guided me with questions to ask to interviewers. Multiple interviews involving white board coding, behavioral and an overview of all technologies you have worked in the past.
    You should be able to answer questions about the technologies worked on in past and major academic projects
    Ask questions to interviewers at the end of the interview
    One round is for object oriented design problem. They will further ask you to elaborate design, make u do changes

Interview Questions

• n-ary tree traversal for coding with slight variations
      Past work experience
      Agile/Scrum process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their Jobvite, and received a response from their recruiter in Denver. She wanted to schedule a phone screen with me for the next day, and I responded with my availability. I never heard back from her at that point. I did follow up with an email, but did not hear back from her again. I imagine that there is a glut of software engineers in the market if C could not be bothered to reply to any of my emails.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability for a phone screen tomorrow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Tough coding and several round of interviews, interviewers were friendly though, process was a bit hectic. Had to meet entire team, process could be made less cumbersome I suppose. They ask basics to high level questions.

Interview Questions

• Conflict management
      Coding round   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an on-site interview with about several people that lasted about 2.5 hours. Then a final interview with a couple people. The interview process was pretty thorough and I was a bit nervous, but everyone was very nice and treated me with respect. Most of the questions were relevant - some were very technical, others were more general.

Interview Questions

• One of their more general questions was, "How would you handle potential conflicts with a co-worker?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and two face-to-face interviews. There were some serious issues with their phone system every time they tried to call me. I was told that there is typically only one face-to-face, but members of management were out of town at the time of my first interview. I had a chance to meet with engineers, HR, management, and the supervisor for the position. I was also given a code exercise to complete. The exercise wasn't too difficult and wasn't timed, but the instructions did have to be read carefully.

Interview Questions

• If a software engineer and QA tester disagree about a software feature, who is right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It's simple and easy. Just review the process and basic questions . Nothing to worry. Is very straight forward. Just be yourself. Again It's simple and easy. Just review the process and basic questions . Nothing to worry. Is very straight forward. Just be yourself.