Dealertrack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview process was disappointing and left hanging. Initially I applied and contacted quickly by a recruiter in January. Had phone screen and web interview within the following week. Heard back a few days after web interview that I was moving to the final step. Have been waiting a month. At this point, I don't even know if they are still hiring for the job. Not fair to leave candidates hanging with no timeline. Do not apply if you are actively job searching.

Field Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (West Jordan, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by them for this position. The pay was significantly lower than other field implementation positions. They said they paid overtime which made up for it. I agreed to the phone interview. They want you to travel every week Sun-Fri, only home on Saturdays. It was very unrealistic. I don't mind traveling, but I have a life.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my prior implementation experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

The interview process kicked off with basic questions about my previous work, projects that I have dne, technologies I have chosen, why I have chosen those technologies and few questions on data structures

Interview Questions

• Some questions on Data structures   1 Answer

Associate Python Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was introduced by a staffing company, and I got a assessment coding challenge. They arranged me a 2-hour technical interview after they evaluated my assessment work. In the technical interview, the process was very straightforward, they gave me coding problems and I had to solve them in the white board.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a string as parameter, return boolean to indicate if there is a duplicated character in the string.   Answer Question
    • Write the same function as previous one, but in shortest lines of code you can do   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a recorded video interview, then phone interview, then live video interview with a panel of 4 people. More than one person I interviewed with told me that I was exactly what they were looking for and had applicable experience, and that they were hiring as many people as they could find for this position, yet I didn't get the final interview at their headquarters.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward....timely response and interview process. Still waiting to complete the other interviews and find out if they think I am a great fit for the job. I think the next process is a phone interview, then a face to face interview.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Burlington, VT) in October 2016.

Interview

talk to the recruiter. then coding exercise and 90 minutes video interview. The coding exercise is based on key-value mapping,palindrome. The video interview is based on recursion problem. The interviewers are friendly. They asked several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The coding exercise is based on key-value mapping,palindrome. The video interview is based on recursion problem.   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long ultimately not worth it. Each step was at least a week apart, beginning with a video interview. Then there was a phone interview, followed by a panel interview via webcam. Finally, I was flown out to Utah for the final step in the process, where we were given the orientation of their cultural values and company principles. After that we were given a very brief lesson on accounting and then given a knowledge assessment on accounting, which I thought was odd, simply because we weren't applying for an accounting position, I thought there were better ways to assess someone's overall knowledge. The "interview" was then describing to them how you fit in with the company and their values and principles. After that, I was drilled with several questions on whether or not I would be fully committed to the role or not, and I assured them that I would, ultimately they decided I was not a good enough fit apparently.

Interview Questions

• What makes us believe that you are fully committed to this role?   Answer Question

Inplement Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

1 email asking me to take an online interview which asked 3 questions regarding training and why don't want to join dealer track. I recieved an email saying I was no longer in the hiring process with no explaination given. I emailed HR person back for feedback and not recieved any answer.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a Client Service Specialist position which is a 50% travel position. I thought the process was drawn out and longer than it needed to be. There was one week between each hiring interview. I went through 3 interviews before I was rejected by the company. I am not sure what happened, but have wondered if I was discriminated against. Once I was in the 2nd interview with Angelina, I was repeatedly asked "was my family ok with the travel time I would be gone", "This position is normally for young fresh college graduates that are single". It was the first time in my life I felt like my age was a factor in a hiring process. I was also told by Angelina during my interviews "As long as we like you, you will continue with the interview process". Well, I guess they didn't like me. I felt this wording was unprofessional and something more along the lines of "If we feel that you are a good fit then we will continue the interview process". I am still bitter about it all, I had 3 weeks of hopefulness that I would get the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer