Dealertrack Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Associate Python Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was introduced by a staffing company, and I got a assessment coding challenge. They arranged me a 2-hour technical interview after they evaluated my assessment work. In the technical interview, the process was very straightforward, they gave me coding problems and I had to solve them in the white board.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a string as parameter, return boolean to indicate if there is a duplicated character in the string.   Answer Question
    • Write the same function as previous one, but in shortest lines of code you can do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I spoke with HR rep then was asked to do a coding test. I spent about 4 hours getting it perfect and sent it over. 2 days later the rep says the tech manager wants to see more samples even though I aced the test. I sent them my git and my online portfolio and never heard back..I even sent a follow up email and still not a peep. Unprofessional to put it nicely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

As other people mentioned. I spoke with HR then Hiring Manager. Finally I was interviewed by four technical resources. The technical questions were within reason but the description of job differed from original posting. The people were very professional and the onsite interview was fairly lengthy.

Received offer but turned it down due, to position and pay. I also felt like I was rushed when asking about other benefits the company offered such as medical, PTO, etc. Overall the company seems like it is growing and if it wasn't for the pay and possibly a better role match I would have taken their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Had some trouble finding the building in 1111 Marcus Avenue. Found out later it was building #3. Was interviewed by 4 people and the director. During the interview the interviewer was always very polite and asked questions that were within the range of my experience. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were very fair and were related to what I worked on. They were extremely informative about the different responsibilities required.   Answer Question

I had another offer so I took that one. I was very happy with this company and would have taken the offer if not for the first offer.

Director Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

Interviewed onsite with 4 people including hiring manger and CIO - never heard back from HR or hiring manager

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

30 minute phone screen
    3 hour on site interview with 4 persons
    1 hour panel interview
    basic questions on your tech stack
    focus on resume details and past work
    no white board coding..
    they value your past experiences and if you can articulate your past work properly and have tech knowledge on the tech stack you have worked most on..

Interview Questions

• trouble shooting techniques
      they are more focused on your experience and past job roles and projects
      1 Answer

Strategic Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New Hyde Park, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with 5 employees and all went well excluding the last person. Asked questions that could not be answered unless you have been employed previously by the company. Had no knowledge of the industry he is employed in. Walked into interview with a very poor attitude and told me I was not the candidate of choice and he does not want to interview me. I was then rudely dumped in a waiting room for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a current or prospective client tried to cancel an account on you because of something you did or caused.   1 Answer

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Good communication and coordination, telephonic first, face to face technical and HR last. Must be patient for final result if the position is not urgent to fill.

Interview Questions

• Technical scenario is provided and asked to approach towards the solution, this is something that can be achieved through real experience, there is no time limit set so felt free to express various strategies and approach.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Many questions regarding qa methodology. Hiesenburg principle when testing, and how I go about building a test plan, scripts and how I make them repeatable/reusable. He had me develop a repeatable scrips in which I shown.

Interview Questions

• I f I wouldn't mind hiring employees from different groups that were already working for them.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I had an interview with their recruiter first, then at least 4 other executive managers via phone. A one on one personal interview with your manager. Sometime a trip to NY to meet more executives, commonly in and out the same day.

Interview Questions

• Just the basic question, mostly it seemed you were interfering with their daily activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You received an offer and no negotiation.