Dealertrack Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dealertrack Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of three phases: a coding test via HackerRank, a phone interview, and a two and half hour face-to-face with different members of the organization. Each phase was contingent upon completion of the previous phase. The final face-to-face included meeting with management staff and Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by the interviewer to describe what I did to stay on top of my skills and keep them current in the ever changing environment that is software development.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dealertrack

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

The original filter interview was good, with the interviewer being upbeat and positive about how much I "would love working here" and that I was "a perfect match". I was sent an email which contained a coding project from HackerRank.com . I actually had fun solving the problem and I liked how I was able to show some of my skill. The second and final interview came a few weeks later because I was swamped, but they continued to pursue me as if they really wanted me. I actually was skeptical it was the position for me until I actually went through the interviewing process. It lasted a few hours. I met with four different groups of people and actually enjoyed talking to all of them. I drove how and was offered the position later that day. Best interview I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• I remember the final dreaded: "Do you have any questions for us", question at the end of the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered the job the same day as the final interview on a Friday. I accepted the job the following Monday after the weekend. I asked my Recruiter to look for an leeway on the salary offer but it was fixed at what they had originally offered. I decided it was a fair offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

The interview process is totally unprofessional. The HR scheduled twice to set up a screen and ended up not calling both the times.

As one of the previous poster mentioned the process is erratic and shady. I didn't bother to contact them second time as i would not want to work for such a disorganized company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I spoke with HR rep then was asked to do a coding test. I spent about 4 hours getting it perfect and sent it over. 2 days later the rep says the tech manager wants to see more samples even though I aced the test. I sent them my git and my online portfolio and never heard back..I even sent a follow up email and still not a peep. Unprofessional to put it nicely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

As other people mentioned. I spoke with HR then Hiring Manager. Finally I was interviewed by four technical resources. The technical questions were within reason but the description of job differed from original posting. The people were very professional and the onsite interview was fairly lengthy.

Received offer but turned it down due, to position and pay. I also felt like I was rushed when asking about other benefits the company offered such as medical, PTO, etc. Overall the company seems like it is growing and if it wasn't for the pay and possibly a better role match I would have taken their offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack in April 2015.

Interview

It is a rip off, watch out they will not pay you the trip refund. Questions are bogus and involves the politics in the office so if one of them is trying to hire you and the other does want you, they try to kill you with their questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

Not so great office in Portland. Some of the interviewers were rude. It seems like there was rift between the interviewers. Wouldn't have accepted the offer, even if offered. Doesn't seem to be a pleasant environment to work. Software developers/manager seems to be good, but don't have anything good to say about others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Had some trouble finding the building in 1111 Marcus Avenue. Found out later it was building #3. Was interviewed by 4 people and the director. During the interview the interviewer was always very polite and asked questions that were within the range of my experience. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were very fair and were related to what I worked on. They were extremely informative about the different responsibilities required.   Answer Question

I had another offer so I took that one. I was very happy with this company and would have taken the offer if not for the first offer.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Lake Success, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

30 minute phone screen
    3 hour on site interview with 4 persons
    1 hour panel interview
    basic questions on your tech stack
    focus on resume details and past work
    no white board coding..
    they value your past experiences and if you can articulate your past work properly and have tech knowledge on the tech stack you have worked most on..

Interview Questions

• trouble shooting techniques
      they are more focused on your experience and past job roles and projects   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack in June 2008.

Interview

First attended phone interview, then called for face to face interview. I was interviewed by 3 people. Most of the questions were technical in nature.