Dealertrack Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dealertrack Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dealertrack

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their Jobvite, and received a response from their recruiter in Denver. She wanted to schedule a phone screen with me for the next day, and I responded with my availability. I never heard back from her at that point. I did follow up with an email, but did not hear back from her again. I imagine that there is a glut of software engineers in the market if C could not be bothered to reply to any of my emails.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability for a phone screen tomorrow?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dealertrack

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Tough coding and several round of interviews, interviewers were friendly though, process was a bit hectic. Had to meet entire team, process could be made less cumbersome I suppose. They ask basics to high level questions.

Interview Questions

• Conflict management
      Coding round   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

At first I was contacted by an internal recruiter. She explained the company, asked some brief questions, and send me a hackerrank assignment. The coding assignment was easy. I think it was about 2 weeks before I heard back and they called me in for an interview.

My interview took place in 4 parts. First I met with a software engineer and a QA engineer. They asked some really basic questions about coding and SQL. Next was an interview with HR. Then was a meeting with 3 managers from various departments and finally an interview with my hiring manager. In total, the interview took 2.5 hours. Also, the A/C was down that day and I was crammed in a small meeting room. Not to complain, just interesting.

Later that evening they had extended an offer to me. Usually they will tell you within 48 hours. All the people were nice and facilitating. You can feel a friendly culture in the office.

Interview Questions

• What piece of software/code are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dealertrack (South Jordan, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an on-site interview with about several people that lasted about 2.5 hours. Then a final interview with a couple people. The interview process was pretty thorough and I was a bit nervous, but everyone was very nice and treated me with respect. Most of the questions were relevant - some were very technical, others were more general.

Interview Questions

• One of their more general questions was, "How would you handle potential conflicts with a co-worker?"   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

The interview process kicked off with basic questions about my previous work, projects that I have dne, technologies I have chosen, why I have chosen those technologies and few questions on data structures

Interview Questions

• Some questions on Data structures   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and two face-to-face interviews. There were some serious issues with their phone system every time they tried to call me. I was told that there is typically only one face-to-face, but members of management were out of town at the time of my first interview. I had a chance to meet with engineers, HR, management, and the supervisor for the position. I was also given a code exercise to complete. The exercise wasn't too difficult and wasn't timed, but the instructions did have to be read carefully.

Interview Questions

• If a software engineer and QA tester disagree about a software feature, who is right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It's simple and easy. Just review the process and basic questions . Nothing to worry. Is very straight forward. Just be yourself. Again It's simple and easy. Just review the process and basic questions . Nothing to worry. Is very straight forward. Just be yourself.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack.

Interview

I got an interview call from a HR and she set up an interview with two other engineers. I was asked a series of technical questions on Java, SQL, nodejs. The interview lasted for around 20 mins. I was told that I will be informed in a week. I followed up with the HR for 3-4 weeks and she would say that you are being considered but we are trying to gather more candidates to interview on-site. This happened for a month and then I eventually stopped emailing her. I wish they would have informed me clearly instead of keeping me hanging.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dealertrack in June 2009.

Interview

I had a rudimentary phone interview by the internal recruiter. I then had an interview at their offices with two managers all three of us were in the room at the same time, it lasted about an hour. About a week later I was invited for another interview.

Pay

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

One round of interview. Mostly asking about my previous experience. I was interviewed by two of the senior software engineers. No technical question was asked. Some agile questions. Manager asked me about my salary expectation and how much I used to make in my previous position.

Interview Questions

• What was the deployment process you used to follow in your previous company.   Answer Question