Dealertrack Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealertrack (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and dropped off my resume and an HR rep later reached out to me to have a quick phone screening and set up an interview with the hiring manager.

I interviewed with two great individuals who asked me one straightforward techinical question, and then we discussed my resume, projects, and experience I have with testing tools. It was a good conversation although it sounded like they wanted me to do manual testing which I was less pleased about.

The HR rep later got back to me with a low-ball offer and then when I asked for more compensation seemed unprepared to negotiate. I guess others just take it? Regardless, I asked to get back to her within a week and she tried to get me to commit right there and then. A week later she got back to me with a better, but still not very competitive, offer. I ultamately declined the offer in favor of another position which was more up my alley and paid 25% more than their best offer.

Overall the team sounded good, the work sounded bland, (although this was just an internship which can suspected), and the compensation was not competitive.

Interview Questions