Dean Foods Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Training and Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an email, after that 2 phone interviews (one with recruiter and other a principal), and then an in-person interview (8 people, in groups of two, over 3 hours). The interviews were thorough, fun, and gave me a good impression of the state of the company. They seem to be short staffed and don't have any real electronic HR system to process annual reviews, etc. That surprised me.

Learning and OD Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

45 minute phone interview with recruiter; 2 hour interview with hiring manager face to face; then additional face to face interviews with 4 other HR members. There was a lot to this interview; but the people conducting the interviews were pleasant, smart, insightful and a pleasure to talk with....I would have enjoyed being a part of their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most difficult executive coaching experiences you've ever had?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Interviewed with one person for about 20 mins on the phone and then with a Director for about 20 mins. Wanted to know a lot about my hobbies etc. I showed up pretty unprepared and really didn't need much preparation.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 Managers and the interviews were background related and in the regular format with some technical questions on accounting aspects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated higher salary and vacation

Director, IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview started with a lengthy phone interview, and then I was invited to come to the office for a set of 1:1 interviews. I met with 4 different people, and spent about an hour with each. Two of these people had prepared questions and seemed to know what was needed for the job. Those interviews went well. One person had virtually no questions for me and asked me to ask the questions. I had a few, but did not yet know enough about the job to ask questions for an hour. This person also would not answer all of my questions. The third person did most of the talking and told me about his worst experiences and why his job was so hard. I left feeling the company had serious problems and they have idea how to fix them. It seemed the teams were not collaborating. But I can't be sure based on these few people however. I would not accept an offer with the company based on my experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a phone call with a recruiter, then 2 months (!) later was called in for a face to face with recruiter and another manager. 3 weeks later, interviewed with 2 more managers then finally a week or so later got to interview with hiring manager. Then the waiting really began......recruiter kept checking in to tell me they were working on a decision. This went on for several weeks...finally, recruiter said he'd have a decision that day or the next. Nothing. I sent an email the next week to check on the status. Nothing. To date, no response or follow up from the recruiter. Excellent experience with the actual interviews (typical targeted selection, behavoral interview questions). I very much enjoyed meeting everyone - but after so much time and so many interviews, no follow up response? Not even a "thanks but no thanks?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you led a project team, and the results didn't turn out the way you hoped.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

20 minute phone interview with talent manager, Day 1: 3 1x1 interviews with other managers in the company including hiring manager, Day 2: 2 more 1x1 interviews again with managers, phone interview with VP. Offer within a week. Typical background questions, "give me an example of a time that you...." questions. Talent manager was extremely well organized, warm, helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Limited willingness to negotiate. Gave some on small signing bonus and appropriate third week of paid time off for experience level. Firm on salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different people for five hours straight back-to-back. Each interview was one on one and one hour long and there was an escort there at the end of each hour to take me from one to the next. Very intense process with a lot of repettive questions as most had questions very similar. There were several people on the short listed slate of candidates and we apparently all went through the same process. Once the complete slate of candidates was interviewed the interviewing team met to come up with a consensus to bring back the final two. Seems like a good company, but also seems rather risk adverse. They will need to make some significant changes to get more competitive and that may be difficult when making decisions by committee. There is also somewhat of a culture to hire the young, train them in the way Dean functions and then promote internally. This is great for internal career growth and mentoring, but not particulary consistent with the need to make significant changes.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I did a phone interview with HR and was called back within a day for an interview. I met with two managers over the period of about 2 hours. I received a follow up call with an offer within 48 hours.

Negotiation

Very limited. When I declined thier initial offer they offered a sign on bonus.