Dean Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

interviewers read questions from a booklet. nothing warm or friendly about the interview at all. interviewers were late to the appointment time they set for interview.. interviewers seemed uninterested in the process

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you improved a process at your previous employer   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview

Super quick communication. I applied on a Friday and got and email on Monday to confirm an interview very easy and quick process. Very professional HR Business Partner. Seemed like a great company go have worked for.

Route Sales Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharpsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Sharpsville, PA).

Interview

Interviewed by a kid who knew nothing about the job
    Felt that their expectations were to high for what they were asking me to do
    Supervisor was inexperienced on interview process
    Supervisor could not answer several questions I had about the job
    Didn't take me long to realize I didn't want to work for this company
    Expected alot more from a company this large

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Houston, TX).

Interview

They kept stringing me along. I had to keep asking for a job update.There were 3 phone interviews and 1 face to face. Looks like the good old boy system at play. Did interviews with people who didn't even know anything about continuous improvement. The process with very frustrating, unprofessional and most of all inefficient.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with the fish bone technique   1 Answer

Training and Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an email, after that 2 phone interviews (one with recruiter and other a principal), and then an in-person interview (8 people, in groups of two, over 3 hours). The interviews were thorough, fun, and gave me a good impression of the state of the company. They seem to be short staffed and don't have any real electronic HR system to process annual reviews, etc. That surprised me.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Englewood, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with HR the other with the immediate supervisor. They both asked the same questions. I am guessing they have a standard questionnaire from their corporate office. From there I had an in house interview. While there I walked through the office. No one was friendly, they seemed nervous and the atmosphere wasn't the kind of place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions wanted to know how you would handle problems in your department and with difficult employees. Have you ever had employee problems and how did you handle them? Are you comfortable letting someone go?   Answer Question

Learning and OD Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

45 minute phone interview with recruiter; 2 hour interview with hiring manager face to face; then additional face to face interviews with 4 other HR members. There was a lot to this interview; but the people conducting the interviews were pleasant, smart, insightful and a pleasure to talk with....I would have enjoyed being a part of their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most difficult executive coaching experiences you've ever had?   Answer Question

Director of Warehouse Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dean Foods in May 2016.

Interview

First conversation with recruiter to see if interested. Then call with the consultant leading the project. He basically described the project and tried to see if I was a personality fit. Second was a call with the potential manager. Standard interview questions and trying to see if there was a fit. Third was one hour call with a senior manager in NC. Standard questions. Fourth was with the VP in Minneapolis. As I understand the last VP decided all candidates needed Dairy industry experience and the job was presented to the recruiter as dairy experience not just unnecessary but not wanted. Was told the project wanted outside CPG strategies to learn new ways of working. It was very clear in the process that there are some new/fresh ideas people on board and some who are from the old guard. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are on the same page. All of the candidates during my process were thrown out and recruiter instructed to start over. I was told that in 20 years of recruiting this had never happened before to the recruiter. I think they are a little unorganized both in roles and in personality. No difficult interview questions but you will know instantly who's up to date and who is not so it is fairly easy to answer accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Strength/Weaknesses, Broker Management, Planning Process   Answer Question

Director of Warehouse Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

was called through a headhunter. Headhunter described the position at a high level, however, he really didn't have much information about the job. Understandable since this was part of a new business venture as Deans is moving most of their business to a warehouse model. Then I met with 2 senior people in the region, (thought they would not be a manager). Unfortunately, they have no real information on the job either. They asked me how interested I was in the opportunity. very difficult question since they had no information on it.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the most important function of this role should be?   1 Answer

QA Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Lynn, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked me why I wanted to work there 4 times. Because I hadn't interviewed for a job in about 16 years, I was nervous. I knew I didn't get the job when one of the interviewers asked the supervisor if I should go see "Joe". When she said no, I knew the interview was over. I was not given a chance to prove I could do the job!

Interview Questions

• What did the TSA on my resume have to do with anything   1 Answer