Dean Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.6

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Englewood, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with HR the other with the immediate supervisor. They both asked the same questions. I am guessing they have a standard questionnaire from their corporate office. From there I had an in house interview. While there I walked through the office. No one was friendly, they seemed nervous and the atmosphere wasn't the kind of place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions wanted to know how you would handle problems in your department and with difficult employees. Have you ever had employee problems and how did you handle them? Are you comfortable letting someone go?   Answer Question

Learning and OD Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

45 minute phone interview with recruiter; 2 hour interview with hiring manager face to face; then additional face to face interviews with 4 other HR members. There was a lot to this interview; but the people conducting the interviews were pleasant, smart, insightful and a pleasure to talk with....I would have enjoyed being a part of their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most difficult executive coaching experiences you've ever had?   Answer Question

Director of Warehouse Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dean Foods in May 2016.

Interview

First conversation with recruiter to see if interested. Then call with the consultant leading the project. He basically described the project and tried to see if I was a personality fit. Second was a call with the potential manager. Standard interview questions and trying to see if there was a fit. Third was one hour call with a senior manager in NC. Standard questions. Fourth was with the VP in Minneapolis. As I understand the last VP decided all candidates needed Dairy industry experience and the job was presented to the recruiter as dairy experience not just unnecessary but not wanted. Was told the project wanted outside CPG strategies to learn new ways of working. It was very clear in the process that there are some new/fresh ideas people on board and some who are from the old guard. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are on the same page. All of the candidates during my process were thrown out and recruiter instructed to start over. I was told that in 20 years of recruiting this had never happened before to the recruiter. I think they are a little unorganized both in roles and in personality. No difficult interview questions but you will know instantly who's up to date and who is not so it is fairly easy to answer accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Strength/Weaknesses, Broker Management, Planning Process   Answer Question

Route Sales Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

"You'll make $50 - $55K / year, on THIS route."
    FALSE - routes are restricted.
    Routes range from mid $30's to mid $70's.
    You start at the bottom, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.....
    ....oohhh, a better route opened up, annnnndddd.... it's gone.
    A senior associate took it.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to perform long hours and manual physical labor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.
    The position/route is what it is.
    What it is not, initially, is $50-$55/year.
    What it is, in reality, is $750/week, at 60+ hours/week, including hard labor.

Director of Warehouse Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

was called through a headhunter. Headhunter described the position at a high level, however, he really didn't have much information about the job. Understandable since this was part of a new business venture as Deans is moving most of their business to a warehouse model. Then I met with 2 senior people in the region, (thought they would not be a manager). Unfortunately, they have no real information on the job either. They asked me how interested I was in the opportunity. very difficult question since they had no information on it.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the most important function of this role should be?   1 Answer

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview

The interview process went through several phases. Initially there were phone screens with HR then Management. From there, in person interviews were scheduled with members of management and also Human Resource representatives.

QA Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Lynn, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked me why I wanted to work there 4 times. Because I hadn't interviewed for a job in about 16 years, I was nervous. I knew I didn't get the job when one of the interviewers asked the supervisor if I should go see "Joe". When she said no, I knew the interview was over. I was not given a chance to prove I could do the job!

Interview Questions

• What did the TSA on my resume have to do with anything   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with HR, one in person interview with the direct supervisor, and then a round-table with HR, the plant manager, and the production manager. I received a tour of the facilities and intense questioning about process improvements. It was difficult to get a timely call back. I was told on five different occasions that I would be receiving a call by a specific date from the direct supervisor. I never received a timely phone call. Every communication was initiated by me. The company came across as understaffed, mismanaged, and having poor communication skills. I did not accept the offer based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard format for interview, used powerpoint to assess on first face-to-face.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Interview

Had one 30 minute phone call interview with someone from HR. Got a call 1 week later had an on-site 30 minute interview. The process was very easy and quick.

Interview Questions

• They just went over my resume and asked be questions about each thing on it. Also asked why Dean Foods and Risk Management.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dean Foods in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for and was called in about a maintenance application, and they ended up giving me a sanitation job due to my previous experience being mostly comprised of sanitation. They sat me down in a room and beat around the bush about the job description. All I was told is that I would be the glue that bound the departments together. When I asked what I would be doing, they avoided a direct answer. But they make you feel important during the interview and made the job seem very tempting. If only I knew then what I know now.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like "why do you want to work here" and "what is something you've accomplished in the past." Their questions sounded like they came from a "how to interview potential employees for dummies" book.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stand firm and get a written agreement about your job, what you'll be doing, and the boundaries of what you'll do once you're hired."