Dean Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Erie, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

They called one day and asked when I would be available for a "working interview" They were so desperate to fill the position due to the way the lab staff treats one another, hiring me without further ado.

Interview Questions

• How long would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Houston, TX).

Interview

They kept stringing me along. I had to keep asking for a job update.There were 3 phone interviews and 1 face to face. Looks like the good old boy system at play. Did interviews with people who didn't even know anything about continuous improvement. The process with very frustrating, unprofessional and most of all inefficient.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with the fish bone technique   1 Answer

Training and Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an email, after that 2 phone interviews (one with recruiter and other a principal), and then an in-person interview (8 people, in groups of two, over 3 hours). The interviews were thorough, fun, and gave me a good impression of the state of the company. They seem to be short staffed and don't have any real electronic HR system to process annual reviews, etc. That surprised me.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

Background check was long, interview with 1 admin and 4 supervisors, did a phone interview then was called in for a panel, process was easy, can you come in early, fast fast fast

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Englewood, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with HR the other with the immediate supervisor. They both asked the same questions. I am guessing they have a standard questionnaire from their corporate office. From there I had an in house interview. While there I walked through the office. No one was friendly, they seemed nervous and the atmosphere wasn't the kind of place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions wanted to know how you would handle problems in your department and with difficult employees. Have you ever had employee problems and how did you handle them? Are you comfortable letting someone go?   Answer Question

Route Sales Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

"You'll make $50 - $55K / year, on THIS route."
    FALSE - routes are restricted.
    Routes range from mid $30's to mid $70's.
    You start at the bottom, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.....
    ....oohhh, a better route opened up, annnnndddd.... it's gone.
    A senior associate took it.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to perform long hours and manual physical labor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.
    The position/route is what it is.
    What it is not, initially, is $50-$55/year.
    What it is, in reality, is $750/week, at 60+ hours/week, including hard labor.

Learning and OD Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

45 minute phone interview with recruiter; 2 hour interview with hiring manager face to face; then additional face to face interviews with 4 other HR members. There was a lot to this interview; but the people conducting the interviews were pleasant, smart, insightful and a pleasure to talk with....I would have enjoyed being a part of their team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most difficult executive coaching experiences you've ever had?   Answer Question

Director of Warehouse Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dean Foods in May 2016.

Interview

First conversation with recruiter to see if interested. Then call with the consultant leading the project. He basically described the project and tried to see if I was a personality fit. Second was a call with the potential manager. Standard interview questions and trying to see if there was a fit. Third was one hour call with a senior manager in NC. Standard questions. Fourth was with the VP in Minneapolis. As I understand the last VP decided all candidates needed Dairy industry experience and the job was presented to the recruiter as dairy experience not just unnecessary but not wanted. Was told the project wanted outside CPG strategies to learn new ways of working. It was very clear in the process that there are some new/fresh ideas people on board and some who are from the old guard. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are on the same page. All of the candidates during my process were thrown out and recruiter instructed to start over. I was told that in 20 years of recruiting this had never happened before to the recruiter. I think they are a little unorganized both in roles and in personality. No difficult interview questions but you will know instantly who's up to date and who is not so it is fairly easy to answer accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Strength/Weaknesses, Broker Management, Planning Process   Answer Question

QA Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

One hour interview, around 12 questions. The QA manager will take you visit their lab and introduce you to the employees there. It is easy for the entry level QA job.

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean Foods (Saint George, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

usually interview with 3 people. they will all ask you a few questions. just make sure you know what you are talking about and prepare for work type scenarios. make them up if you have to. make sure to make your stories sound believable though.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer