Dean Health Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dean Health Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI).

Interview

They have a great process: The initial interview is with HR. You then move on to interview with the Administrator, then the Managers you will be working with, then the Chiefs of the Departments you will be working in. From there, they will collaboratively choose the candidate that best fits the role and departments

Interview Questions

• What is my management style / technique(s) when needing to coach/mentor employees with different personalities and learning styles   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process went pretty quickly, I was able to get in for an interview right away at my convenience. I went through an initial phone interview and three in-person interviews, two in-person interviews which consisted of meeting the staff and doctor and getting a taste of what the position was going to entail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where there was a conflict between you and another employee?   Answer Question

Patient Scheduling Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online then about a week later received a text message saying they were interested in having a phone interview with me with the HR, which at first seemed kind of odd because I never got a text message regarding a job interview before. I just went with it they called me a few days later and had a basic interview with like 5 questions nothing out of the ordinary. Then the next day received an email regarding second interview with manager at clinic. Scheduled that interview the following week. That interview was pretty laid back she discussed everything the position was about. Another person was in the room too. They offered me a position the next day. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and your coworker didn't get along.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Registration Scheduler Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems.

Interview

Process usually goes: apply online, email next day or within next few days to schedule a phone interview. If you do ok they will schedule an in-person interview with your prospective supervisor. I was originally scheduled to meet with 2 people but ended up only meeting with one. Which is fine, less pressure. It went well. He was so nice and informative. I really felt like we connected. I got a tour of the facility after the interview. Unfortunately no job offer, they hired someone internally. They will need 5 references 2 of which need to be current or former supervisors. Also, they will keep your application on file and let you know about any upcoming positions they think you will be interested in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a coworker was not performing up to par and what you did to help the situation.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring process moved fast. Had a phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person second interview. The second interview was fairly standard. They explained that I would be contacted for a third interview which would include a demo training session (as this was for a training position).

I never heard anything back. My emails to the recruiter went un-returned. A very disappointing way of handling interviews and turned me off from applying again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Mostly they asked the standard "tell me about a time where" questions, such as handling difficult situations, trainees that did not cooperate, etc.   Answer Question

Reception/Scheduling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview, after which I was brought in for two in-person interviews. The first interview was with two people. I did not receive an offer, but about a week later someone from HR responded to see whether I was interested in another position. I said yes, and he said he would return with an offer that day. However, he did not, and when I called a week later he passed me off to another person who suggested another position. Overall, the interviewers were personable but the process has been a little convoluted.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you needed to resolve a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

First a phone screen. Two interviews. One interview was with the hiring manager and one was with peers. The questions were standard questions. The interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Do I know anything about Dean?   1 Answer

Computer Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and I was contacted the next day to schedule an online interview. Did my phone interview where they asked about my skills pertaining to the position (very general). Was scheduled for a 2nd phone interview with the IT team. Was asked about education and experience. Was then scheduled for my face to face later that day. Went to face to face interview with a panel of 3 people (HR, CIO, Help Desk Manager). Was made an offer the very next day for the position. Was sent offer letter and instructions to conduct my background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. They offered the pay I had requested.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems in July 2014.

Interview

After submitting an online application, contacted by an independent recruiter working for Dean via email. Set up a phone interview. Interview never occurred. Contacted recruiter via email, set up another phone interview. Interview time came and went. Sent email; no response. Did some research, contacted HR. Received apologetic email explaining recruiter no longer employed, set up phone interview. Several days later, received email that position was filled, as they had one employee selected and decided not to hire two. Extremely unprofessional from the start.

Interview Questions

• No questions; over a month of hoops just to be denied.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist & Endoscopy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean Health Systems (Madison, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One about 2 months ago for a Phlebotomist position and the other for Endoscopy Tech just a few weeks ago. The interview for the phlebotomist one didn't go so well. There were 2 people. Neither one of them looked or sounded like they wanted to be there. I never did hear anything back from them about the position. Even though they told me that they would get back to me either way.
    The interview for the Tech position was just a few weeks ago, but with how the interview went, I can honestly say I will never apply for another position with this company no matter how desperate I am. The interview was so bad that I literally emailed HR and let them know just how horrible it was and to also withdraw all my other applications from other positions I applied for. I would never want to work for a company that treats their prospective employees with such little respect and professionalism.
    To make a long story short, I am a MA. From a previous employer I had gained extensive training far beyond what I had learned in college. Alot of my duties were RN work. I am very proud and honored to have those skills under my belt and if I felt I was incompetent I would never perform those duties. When asked about my previous employer and the extensive skills, one RN interviewer (there were 3) asked if I performed these skills alone. I said yes, but I always had the doctors there in case. I did recovery in PACU almost every day and IV's and had also learned to push meds thru IV's. I taught injection training, was the lab coordinator, the lead phlebotomist, the only MA at this small clinic and also a surgical tech as well. It was part of my job and I was proud to have honed those skills. I didn't just learn them overnight. Anyways, the 3 RN's who interviewed me for this position had rolled their eyes more than 3 separate times during the interview and also ridiculed me and doubted my skills. They laughed several times and mumbled under their breath about the " lack of care" at this small fertility clinic I had previously worked for. They were all literally appalled that I, a Medical Assistant, was capable of performing those skills. They made sure to stress the fact that a MA in their clinic would never be given the chance to perform those skills no matter my level of education and certification. The amount of nonprofessional demeanor and lack of praise was sickening. From other interviews Ive had in the past few months with other clinics, the interviewers were actually delighted and happy for me that I had the proper training and opportunity to hone those skills. Never in all my entire MA existence have I ever had an interview where I was treated like a low life at the bottom of a totem pole. I have never been laughed at or doubted like that before. It took every ounce of strength I had to finish the interview and thank them for their time. The moment I hit my car, I broke down in tears.
    For anyone considering a career with this healthcare system, I would think twice. Also i found out that there really isn't much room for advancement or incentives. The benefits are horrible and the starting pay is far less than what most people expect, especially having 5 or more years of expertise. And if an interview can go that bad, just imagine what it would be like working there??!! No thank you.
    The interview dragged on for over an hour with alot of the questions being asked several times, just in different wording. The questions were not easy and at the end of the interview when one of them asked if I had any questions, before I could even get out 2 words, they all stood up and said ok, we will get back to shortly. They didn't even give me a chance to ask any questions.
    Some other words of advice, we are all one. Doctors, nurses, MA's, CNA's, lab personnel all need to work together as a team for their patients. The hospitals and clinic's you want to work for are the ones that don't take your title for granted or discriminate you for your title. Like I said, we are here to serve our patients and give them the best care possible. Titles are simply titles. They don't make you any better than the other. As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how did you figure out a solution?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you? What makes you stand out from your competition?   Answer Question