Dean & Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dean & Company Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dean & Company.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus. One interviewer walked me through a case interview, minimal behavioral questions. The case was very quantitative, asking for multiple computations of large numbers; as a math major, I struggled because I wanted a precise answer not an estimated one.
The second round of interviews would have been the next day; I was told by the end of the night that I had not received a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather use the mean or the median for this analysis?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dean & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Attend first round interview, 45 mins. 15 mins behavior questions and 30 mins case interview. Case is the most important part in the interview. The case I got is a quantitative one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to apply Dean & Company?
      Why do you apply this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & Company in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus recruiting, had an info session before the interview to get to know the company and interview style, very helpful for prepping for the interview. Fairly easy case during the process

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company in September 2016.

Interview

Recruited on campus. Had a 30-minute case interview for the first round with no fit component. The case ase was very quantitative and required you to evaluate trends in the data. Was called back the next day for 2 45 minute case interviews with a 15-minute fit interview. One interview was with Principal and one with a senior analyst at the firm. Every was extremely nice and receptive. They were a little slow to get back after 2nd rounds but responded to a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Evaluation of Telecommunications market and new product option   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting; it is a three round process. First round, one 30 minute case interview. Next day, two 45 minute case interviews with about 10 minutes of behavioral for one. Third round is in-office. Heard back about a week later, did not receive an offer for the third round.

Interview Questions

• Given a table of profits and revenues for a bank in 3 different geographical areas and asked to analyze and come to conclusions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on campus; process took about two weeks. Basically all consisted of case interview (very limited behavioral portion)...cases were thought provoking and interesting. Interviewers were conversational and helpful. I found them to be challenging but practice definitely helps.

Office visit was useful to meet most of the firm and get a sense for the work. Had multiple opportunities to ask questions of analysts as well as managers.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding telecom was the toughest given no industry knowledge but thinking through the structure is more important.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dean & Company in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty much went straight to a case interview. There was no behavior portion at all. It was a standard merger and acquisition case, but it was a pretty terrible experience given that was my first live case. The interviewer was very nice and led me through the entire case.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you look at if Music-streaming Company A purchased music-streaming Company B?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & Company in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through career center and received on campus interview. Dean employees came to do a presentation the night before the interview, and it was very dry. I immediately got the vibe that the office and company were probably very boring. Could have just been my impression though.

Interview Questions

• Case was very straight forward analysis of 3 banks in different markets and their growth rates, etc. Was expecting more of a management consulting open ended interview, but this was very interviewer led and math intensive. Involved fairly simple calculations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting website, so the interview happened on campus. It was 30 minutes long. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my resume then we did a short case study. The case was very standard and easy to get through. I got the feeling that whether or not I would get a second round depended on whether the interviewer liked me. My interviewer didn't seem very interested in my responses, and needless to say, I didn't get the second round interview.

The next day, I got an email informing me I would not be invited back, but they would be happy to set up a time for a feedback phone call. We set up a time, but no one called me until an hour later. It was rather rude.

Interview Questions

• You have a strong life sciences background. Why are you interested in consulting?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company.

Interview

Applied for a position on the company website and was contacted by their recruiting department. Interview process involved a resume interview and a series of case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Focus on case interviews with lots of math/problem solving. Cases across various industries - banking, cell phones, insurance, shipping.   Answer Question