Dean & Company Interview Questions in Vienna, VA | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Vienna, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted entirely of a pretty obscure, but interesting case. It was highly mathematically-based (not with actual numbers - think more graphs and understanding trends). Interviewer was very helpful and supportive during the entire process.

Interview Questions

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Vienna, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with 3 people. One analyst, VP, and President.

Interview was fairly straight-forward. No behavioral or fit questions. Heavy emphasis on quantitative analysis. Best to reference case study guides beforehand.

case study # 1:
    company: Telecomm company, analyze call-center costs & efficiency
    analyze variable versus fixed costs

case study #2:
    company: retail company
    Improve revenue: analyze volume, price, & product

Overall pleasant experience. Very nice people.

Best Advice to future interviewees: Review Wharton consulting casebook and you should be fine.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & Company (Vienna, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. When I entered the room, the interviewer had me fill out a form about my contact information and availability. Then she went right into the case interview. The question had to do with a company that has many businesses, and they were thinking about acquiring a calling card business. I was given information about costs, and I had to answer the question, "What should they do?" The interviewer was good at answering my questions about the case. I didn't do too well, so I was not called back for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What should the company do with the calling card business?   1 Answer